[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Showdown bound at 6 max 1/2$ - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Showdown bound at 6 max 1/2$

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Showdown bound at 6 max 1/2$

Postby McNemo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:40 am

Villain is standard winning TAG 24 / 19 / 2.4

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
4 players

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with [8h] [9h]
Hero raises, 2 folds, BB calls.

Only TAGs left at my table. Im waiting for BB before i leave table and i happened to pick up a good stealing hand against tight blinds.

Flop: [7h] [Qc] [4c] (4.5SB, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.

I continuation bet and he check/raises me. He could check/raise me with 4x,7x, Qx, flushdraw, straightdraw (or maybe even a combination hand like AJ with backdoor flush and backdoor straight draw?) I get 7:1 and call because i could have up to 9 outs (if he doesnt have a Q) with two possible overcards and a bd flushdraw and bd straight draw.

Turn: [8c] (4.25BB, 2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

I picked up a middle pair and decided to call down. (but reflecting more on this turn i see that it completes many of his draws.)

River: [Js] (6.25BB, 2 players)
BB bets, Hero calls.

I didnt even reflect on this call as i was pretty locked to a showdown.

Results:
Final pot: 8.25BB
McNemo

Postby Pok 7's » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:52 pm

I don't like this play at all TBH. First of all if all you have is TAG's left get off the table, and, I realize was your plan, I see no reason to be raising this particular hand. You're sitting out the next deal anyway. personally I fold PF. Mid SC aren't great short handed to begin with, and this isn't NL where you stand to stack someone with them.

I think on the flop we're being rather optimistic about having up to 9 outs. I'm torn between not even betting this and folding to the CR. Either way that wasn't the kind of flop we're looking for.

The turn completes a FD as well as a str8 draw so we can already be drawing dead.

River we're just basically satisfying our curiousity and paying off with a very probabable losing hand..... Unless our villian decided to do all this with complete air.

I hate to say it but this looks like a total spew from start to finish.
Pok 7's

Postby McNemo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:40 pm

Wow you actually suggest folding a good stealing hands against people who actually fold a lot???.... That makes no sense! Against a loose blind i would not raise here.

Ive studied stoxtrader (videos) playing a lot and he would raise down to T8 suited against a standard TAG from the cutoff. And always follow up with a a continuation bet on the flop against a lone opponent. (even when playing low limit and adjusting!) Villain just has to fold 1 in 5 times for the bet to be correct. And i would estimate a lone tight opponent folds 3/5 flops or at least 2/5.

Sure 9 outs is optimistic but i only need 6 (or even less if you count implied odds) Thats why i said up to 9 outs. But maybe it was a bad call anyways (giving you that)

And point taken about turn and river! Speeeewwy....
Last edited by McNemo on Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McNemo

Postby MTPaid » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby McNemo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:49 pm

McNemo

Postby MTPaid » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:20 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby antneye » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:39 pm

antneye

Postby Pok 7's » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:22 pm

Pok 7's

Postby Marm » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 pm

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Postby McNemo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:55 am

Of course the hand value has importance when raising as a steal!

I raise because i have a good chance to steal the blinds. But if someone in the blinds defend i have a hand with cloaked value. Steal raising with 98s from the cutoff shows a profit against tight blinds. Raising with 72o doesnt!

In 6-max a vp$ip of 24 is tight. Also you look at how often they go to a showdown. If its less then then 35% of the times. You have a good chance of stealing the blinds pre flop or on the flop.
McNemo

Postby McNemo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:11 am

McNemo

Postby Pok 7's » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Pok 7's

Postby antneye » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:22 pm

antneye

Postby McNemo » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:27 pm

Villain had 65s
McNemo

Postby antneye » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:42 pm

antneye