[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
some more suck fest- 97s on the button - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

some more suck fest- 97s on the button

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

some more suck fest- 97s on the button

Postby rscvideos » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Seat 5: pimpxxxdaddy420 ($43)
Seat 6: Afahis ($51.25)
Seat 7: jup9000 ($113.75)
Seat 8: McGrogger ($44.75)
Seat 9: StickyNoodle ($5)
Afahis posts the small blind of $0.50
jup9000 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to pimpxxxdaddy420 [7h 9h]
McGrogger folds
StickyNoodle folds
moundsview123 folds
mbulge folds
Kamikazi25 folds
HCD78 folds
pimpxxxdaddy420 raises to $2
Afahis folds
jup9000 calls $1
*** FLOP *** [8d 7d 8h]
jup9000 checks
pimpxxxdaddy420 bets $1
jup9000 calls $1
*** TURN *** [8d 7d 8h] [Ah]
jup9000 checks
pimpxxxdaddy420 bets $2
jup9000 raises to $4
pimpxxxdaddy420 raises to $6
jup9000 raises to $8
pimpxxxdaddy420 calls $2
*** RIVER *** [8d 7d 8h Ah] [5h]
jup9000 bets $2
pimpxxxdaddy420 calls $2
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jup9000 shows [8s Ad] a full house, Eights full of Aces
pimpxxxdaddy420 mucks
jup9000 wins the pot ($25.50) with a full house, Eights full of Aces
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $26.50 | Rake $1
Board: [8d 7d 8h Ah 5h]

okay so i got a bit reraise happy on the turn with this one. This guy was playing really aggressive and I figured he may have hit the ace and I still had a good draw against him and might shake him off a weak ace or maybe he had nothing and was just aggressively defending against my steal. Well i obviously was hosed to hell and back at this point. But could I really expect a fullhouse here?
rscvideos

Postby antneye » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:48 pm

You don't have to fear a boat, but consider it a possibility. He has at least an 8, which means you are drawing at best, and potentially drawing dead.

I initially said fold to his turn c/raise until I realized you had picked up a flush draw. With the flush draw there (even with a boat possibility) I bet/call the turn. I would fold the river UI, but since your frush arrived I call this down.
antneye

Postby Danhdan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:35 pm

I guess it's bad to just want to check the turn there when we pick up the draw? I guess I like the fact we picked up a better kicker, but when we bet there, are we really getting underpairs to the board to call? Seems like either we get BB to fold, or they make us pay for betting. If the card had been a non-heart Ace, I think I like a bet more to rep it, and bet/fold the non-heart ace turn.
"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby antneye » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:24 am

antneye

Postby growlers » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:16 am

I think it is terrible to not bet the turn. Terrible.

Two overcards to the board are a huge part of his range here after he just calls preflop and calls the flop. Why would we give a free card here on the turn? Plus, there are people that also call down here with a small pair almost drawing dead, because they assume you are bluffing. I see people calling down here with a hand like 66 all the time in live games. There is no reason to particularly think villian has a A (many would reraise agianst a steal preflop with any A). Not betting the turn is a huge error.

Once he checkraises, obviously just call. The guy isn't bluff checkraising. I can fold a non-improving river here with a decent read.
growlers

Postby Ichoi » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:00 am

Ichoi

Postby rscvideos » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:07 am

So just to summarize the consensus I'm getting, bet out then call on the turn but don't 3 bet like an over happy raiser button smasher like i am....
rscvideos

Postby growlers » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:16 am

growlers

Postby Derf » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:43 am

Derf

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games