Advanced search

Third checkraise failed (Low Content).

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Third checkraise failed (Low Content).

Postby woody » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:27 pm

I played a hand where I was successful in checkraising on both the flop and the turn and thought that I would try for the famed third check raise on the river. The attempt failed, but I thought that I would post the hand anyway.

Pokerstars .25/.50 limit hold'em 6 players.

Hero has [Ac][Kc] in the Big Blind. Villain has [Ks][Qs] UTG.

Preflop: Villain raises to .50, 4 folds, Hero calls .25. (Since I was only against one player I thought that I would disguise the strength of my hands by only calling.)

Flop: [Kh][As][7c]. Hero checks, Villain bets .25, Hero raises to .50, Villain calls .25.

I flopped top two pair and decided to check raise.

Turn: [Kh][As][7c][2s]. Hero checks, Villain bets .50, Hero raises to 1.00, Villain raises to 1.50, Hero raises to 2.00, Villain calls .50.

For some reason, I had decided that Villain probably had an ace because he had raised preflop, and I decided to check raise again. I thought that it was great that Villain decided to reraise me and I decided to cap. After I capped I remembered that I had check raised Villain twice and I thought why not, I'll try for a third check raise on the river.

River: [Kh][As][7c][2s][9h]. Hero checks, Villain checks.

My attempt might have been more successful if I hadn't capped the turn, but I thought that I might as well try for the third check raise. It isn't that often that I even get two check raises in, much less a third.
woody

Postby antneye » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:17 pm

Nice try, but you lost him when ya capped the turn. Forget the testicle pumping and lust lead that river...............not that you don't know that already.

NH
antneye

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games