[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Thoughts on a couple of live 10/20 hands - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Thoughts on a couple of live 10/20 hands

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Thoughts on a couple of live 10/20 hands

Postby phytopath » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:21 pm

well these are probably not that tricky, but these were pretty much the only interesting hands I played Saturday night. I wanted to try 20/40 but there was only one game and it was already short handed, so I decided to stick with 10/20.

Hand 1, actually the 1st hand I was dealt.

The game was 9 handed and I posted the bb in the CO

I get dealt [Qc] [Qh] ,

It is folded to an old Middle-eastern guy (seemed nice) who limped in Middle position, then folded to me who raised it up, an old european guy (seemed like a douche) called on the button, an middle-aged lady in the SB called as did a younger asian guy in the BB, Middle-easterner called.

Flop (10 SB)

[3d] [5c] [Ts]

checked to me I bet, only the middle-eastern guy called

Turn (6 BB)
[8h]

I check and get check/raised, call/fold? call river?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Second hand a few orbits later, I don't think I played much maybe limped with a couple of small pairs but haven't played a hand past the flop since the 1st hand above, I haven't raised a hand either. The Asian guy turned out to be ridiculously wild as did the older european guy, the Middle-eastern guy was really passive as was the rest of the table. Most of the hands were 4-5 to the flop.

Anyway I was in middle-position with [Kh] [Th]

folded to me I raised it (a little loose I know), the middle-aged lady, the european both called as did the crazy asian guy in the SB and the BB.

Flop (10SB) [Jh][Qh][7c]

Big flop for me, so it is checked to me, I bet the european, the women and the crazy asian all call

Turn (7BB) [9d]

Checked to me, european and the women call, the crazy asian now check-raises, I 3-bet and the table gasps (probably the 1st 3-bet of the night), the european and women fold, then the crazy asian gives a big speech about this is just his luck etc... (this actually seemed like a weak speech not the strong type of speech that he did a few hands earlier where he flopped a set) then he called.

River (15 BB) [9c]

check, I bet, he gave another speech before calling. of course he tabled J9 then he gave another speech about how bad I was.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Last hand (well it wasn't but it was a goodie) (more of a brag about my biggest pot ever)

3 limpers to me on the button, I get [Kc] [Ks], the blinds fold, the crazy asian, middle-eastern guy and this other lady all call. So it is 4 to the flop.

Flop (9.5 SB)

[Kd][Ad][4s]

Crazy asian checks, lady checks, middle-easterner guy bets, I raise, asian 3-bets, lady folds, middle-easterner calls, I 4-bet, asian makes a speech then calls, middle-easterner calls.

Turn (~11 BB) [Kh]

Crazy asian bets, middle-easterner calls, I raise, Crazy-asian 3-bets after a quick rant, middle-easterner folds, I four-bet and crazy asian speeches before he calls (I put him on either AA or 44, his speech is crazy strong about how I am always raising him)

River (~20 BB) [Jc]

crazy asian checks, I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, 4-bets, I 5-bet, he 6- bet, I 7-bet, at this point he tells me I should just call that I can't beat him when he 8-bets, I then 9-bet without saying anything, he eventually just calls the 9-bet.

I table my hand and collect the chips without saying anything.

Now the crazy asian mucked, but most likely had AA (when would you just call on the river?) Usually after the 6-bet I think I would just call, maybe go 8 against this guy.

---------------------------------

So all in all the night was successful, made about 700$ in 4 hours playing about 120 hands or so.

edit:/ for easier reading
phytopath

Postby Pok 7's » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Pok 7's

Postby antneye » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:58 pm

antneye

Postby growlers » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:55 am

Just based on the fact that the guy checkraising the turn is an older middle eastern guy means I just call down.
He probably flopped a set.
Guys like this don't checkraise the turn without at least two pair.
I agree with Pok though that it warrents a call-down since we have outs against two pair and it is our first hand at the table.

In my usual game at red rock, there are at least a dozen people I know well enough to just outright fold to the CR.

The second hand I bet the river all day long. People call with all sorts of crap here.

Third hand : sweet!! That is a jackpot in some LA rooms I think.
growlers

Postby phytopath » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:46 am

phytopath

Postby antneye » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:34 am

antneye

Postby growlers » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:07 pm

growlers

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games