[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Topic discussions - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Topic discussions

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Topic discussions

Postby geiststaat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:44 pm

I think the participants on this forum may be small enough to pull something like this off. I've been listening to some podcasts today and would like to discuss some of the things involved. Listened to a few at netbettor.com, which puts out a weekly podcast. They are currently running a series on playing at the micro limits (defined as 0.50/1 and 1/2), which some people here play, so thought I might throw this out there and see if anyone is interested. Basically if one other person is willing to chat about these issues, I'm in.

If so, I'd like to start with the first two podcasts (roughly 6 minutes or so apiece) on the check-raise play. BTW, all of these podcasts are on limit play, so that's why I'm bringing it up here. I'm not sure I agree with some of the recommendations in the podcast, but perhaps it would be better if we tried to sort through stuff together rather than me sitting on my couch running over scenarios and such. So if anyone's game, post a yea and we can get started ASAP.
geiststaat

Postby Pok 7's » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:17 pm

Pok 7's

Postby geiststaat » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:46 pm

geiststaat

Postby Pok 7's » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:54 pm

Alrigt gimme a little time, (I realized you can read what they're discussing also which might make some things a little easier to quote as well.

Do you want to cover part 1 &2 at a once or just part 1 for now?

Also, so I know where to look what areas(s) do you think you might disagree with?
Pok 7's

Postby geiststaat » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:18 am

geiststaat

Postby geiststaat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:07 am

Pok,
I may or may not have internet access tomorrow and Wednesday as I'll be traveling. Less likely for Thursday through Saturday, though back to normal on Sunday. So if we get something interesting going and you don't hear from me, just give me a day or two. I think the airports have internet, so should be good but never know.
geiststaat

Postby Pok 7's » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:54 am

No problem, it's not like threads get pushed back many pages in this section :wink:
Alright here's the hand you mentioned (I think).

Hero is in the BB with [As] [5s]
4 players limp, the button raises SB calls we call and the limpers call. 7 players see the flop for 2 bets (pot is 14 SB)

FLOP: [Ah] [6c] [4h] ......Hero?
(a) Checks with the intention of calling a bet
(b) Bets
(c) Checks with the intention of raising.
(d) Checks with the intention of folding

Personally I think if we're going to play this hand we'd need to CR it. We have 7 people post flop, if we lead the post would be basically all we're doing is creating monster pot since basically anyone with a pulse is probably calling.
Pok 7's

Postby geiststaat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:38 pm

geiststaat

Postby Pok 7's » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:43 am

Pok 7's

Postby antneye » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:10 am

I havent read your articles but I will play along.

I hate this hand. We are OOP in a multiway pot with a weak ace. We are going to lose here far more than we are going to win. There is a bigger ace out there, if there isn't I will eat my hat.

You cannot lead here. The check raise is a possibility, but you are going to often isolate yourself against the one player who has you beat.

If you must continue here I think you need to play this as a weak draw. Check call one back to you and fold if its two. Re-evaluate turn.
antneye

Postby geiststaat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:09 pm

geiststaat

Postby Pok 7's » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:40 am

Pok 7's

Postby geiststaat » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:13 pm

geiststaat

Postby Pok 7's » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:44 am

Pok 7's

Postby geiststaat » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:28 pm

geiststaat

Next