[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Turn Spew? (1/2 FR) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Turn Spew? (1/2 FR)

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Turn Spew? (1/2 FR)

Postby MTPaid » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 pm

3rd big pot I've played in the last 8 hands.

1 - Against this same opponent. He raised, I 3-bet AK, he capped. Flop 6K6. I raised flop, he 3-bet and then I called down to see AA.

2 - See River Spew just posted below with set of 8's.

3 - This hand. Again, same opponent as 1st hand. Runs 28/19/2.88 38 WTSD over 167 hands. I'll 3-bet him slightly more liberally than others.

I know he doesn't have AA, yet he bets into a low flop and shows no fear when the Ace hits when he should know that I don't have garbage either.

My plan was to raise him on the turn no matter what card came and hope to get a free showdown. Here I got a card that I thought I liked. Anyone not raising this turn or not going to showdown after?

1/2 Limit Holdem
7 players
Converted at

Stacks:
UTG ($1.75)
UTG+1 ($63.75)
MP ($27.25)
Hero ($52.75)
BTN ($29.75)
SB ($38.00)
BB ($20.00)

Pre-flop: (1.5 SB, 7 players) Hero is CO [Ac][Qc]
2 folds, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, MP calls

Flop: [6h][2d][5s] (7.5 SB, 2 players)
MP bets, Hero calls

Turn: [Ad] (4.8 BB, 2 players)
MP bets, Hero raises, MP 3-bets, Hero calls

River: [2s] (10.8 BB, 2 players)
MP bets, Hero calls
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby growlers » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:50 pm

growlers

Postby MTPaid » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:15 pm

"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Postby antneye » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:55 pm

antneye

Postby Derf » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:05 pm

Derf

Postby growlers » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:40 am

growlers

Postby MTPaid » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:05 pm

The wrong card paired on the river. I had him on a range from ATs+, AJo+, sets, overpairs with that flop lead. I probably shoulda widened my range a bit.

1/2 Limit Holdem
7 players
Converted at

Stacks:
UTG ($1.75)
UTG+1 ($63.75)
MP ($27.25)
Hero ($52.75)
BTN ($29.75)
SB ($38.00)
BB ($20.00)

Pre-flop: (1.5 SB, 7 players) Hero is CO [Ac][Qc]
2 folds, MP raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, MP calls

Flop: [6h][2d][5s] (7.5 SB, 2 players)
MP bets, Hero calls

Turn: [Ad] (4.8 BB, 2 players)
MP bets, Hero raises, MP 3-bets, Hero calls

River: [2s] (10.8 BB, 2 players)
MP bets, Hero calls

Final Pot: 12.8 BB
MP shows: [5h][Ah]
Hero shows: [Ac][Qc]

MP wins 12.2 BB ( won +6.2 BB )
Hero lost 6.0 BB

I think I just gotta stay out of his way. I just can't beat this guy. From last night:
1/2 Limit Holdem
9 players
Converted at

Stacks:
UTG ($17.00)
UTG+1 ($107.50)
MP1 ($89.75)
MP2 ($57.25)
MP3 ($24.25)
Hero ($63.75)
BTN ($7.50)
SB ($197.00)
BB ($23.75)

Pre-flop: (1.5 SB, 9 players) Hero is CO [Th][Tc]
4 folds, MP3 raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, MP3 calls

Flop: [5d][Jh][3d] (7.5 SB, 2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls

Turn: [Js] (4.8 BB, 2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls

River: [Qh] (6.8 BB, 2 players)
MP3 checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: 6.8 BB
MP3 shows: [Qc][Ac]
Hero shows: [Th][Tc]

MP3 wins 6.5 BB ( won +3.5 BB )
Hero lost 3.0 BB

He's 27/17/2.8 46 WTSD +5.8 BB/100 over 551 hands
Against me he's 30-9 +15BB. Good to know I make up about 1/2 his profit.
"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Postby MecosKing » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:36 pm

The turn raise is mandatory here, as most mizors wont lay down to the scare card, because thier mizorly little hearts cant stand to think that someone ACTUALLY has the scare card there. If he has TT here, he's very often calling that turn raies and a river bet, hopin that your bluffing. You will miss value here too often by not raising that turn.

I dont have a problem laying down to this threebet. When you raise, standardly, hes sposed to think you may have the ace but call in hopes you dont. When he three bets you, he's obviously not scared of the ace, which means your in big trouble. The 1/2 LHE mizor that tries to get you off a possible ace with a 3 bet there is like 1 in 9012839218.

28/19 is not a lagtard, 28/19 is pretty close to optimal. Not in FR of course, but this thing is runnin 7 handed. 28/19 may be a bit on the laggish side, but certainly the guys not a spew tard. THose are my stats for 6max, and i consider my game to be a little too nittish, and am trying to open it up a little bit. if the guy was like 35/25 or higher i might say hes lagtardish enough to call here, but i would lean towards a fold here i think, else call and hope to see a Q on the river then fold the river (i hate doin this though because im way too tempted to call once all those extra bets go into the pot--good money after bad FTL, etc.)
NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6
neelguru: Im dedicating the rest of my life to getting unstuck
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby MTPaid » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:39 pm

"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Postby MecosKing » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:53 pm

Donking with that pair of 5s isnt that bad, i mean he caught a peice of the board and giving up there against a 3 bettor is way too weak... He may have folded to heat there UI on the turn and gave you credit for an OP, but a pair in that spot is a pretty good hand, esp since he prolly figures he's now got you reverse dominated (which he did obv)... i got no problems with his post flop play. Coming in with A5s UTG 7 handed is too loose imo, but once he pairs, i dont think you can say he played wrong by any means...So ya, i think the donk isnt horrible...

The AQ calldown is crappy but standard when the board is paired like that... Less donkish if he had AK i would say, cause AQ is pretty bad against your range, considering that AJ made trips, and AT is an unlikely 3 betting hand, so meh...yeah the AQ calldown was pretty inferior-- but if you had that hand in mind, i think you gotta notice that he c/c'ed down there, he didnt bring the heat onna bluf...I think if you had that hand in mind, you oughta be more likely to fold the AQ hand...If u held AK, id be a lot better with the calldown, but meh to AQ...

27 is pretty damn loose for FR though i spose... I spose its read dependent, but in more or less of a vaccuum, i think folding TP2K here is the best play... like i said, AK might push me to call it, but AQ doesnt beat much except for an FD...and the FD came runningm and i doubt he's donking the flop on a running FD...
NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6