[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
wierd spot live game - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

wierd spot live game

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

wierd spot live game

Postby growlers » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:16 pm

4-8 1/2 kill Not sure if I am making this more complicated than it needs to be. I am pretty aggressive, overly so?

I have [Kc] [Td] in the SB. There are 5 limpers and I call. BB calls so 7 to the flop.

Flop: [Th] [8s] [6c]

Everyone checks until the CO who bets, the button raises, I three bet, UTG +1 cold-calls all 3, CO folds, button caps, I call, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (3 players) [Kd]

I????

UTG+1 is a total unknown (2nd hand). Button is aggressive and capable of making a play but not a maniac.
growlers

Postby antneye » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:53 pm

I really hate that flop action. UTG+1 may be slowplaying a monster or chasing his gutterball. Button may simply be protecting a weak made hand with his initial raise, but he has the goods with his cap...or could he simply be trying to get a free card?

I was inclined to C/R to see if we cant make UTG+1 pay the max for his gutterball, but it would really suck if he wakes up and 3-bets you with his straight or set. I also have to fear that button was for real and has either a set or straight.

Betting out is another possibility to avoid the free card to the button but it doesn't protect us in any fashion and I really don't want to see my bet get raised. If we lead into this aggression can you fold if its two coming back at you? OOP I can see us losing a ton of bets if we are behind and extracting very little if our villains are on draws.

I hate to admit it, but I am going to take the passive route and check/call here and pray that UTG+1 doesnt check raise the field.

I am rambling mostly because I see this as a very tough spot. Very curious to hear what others have to say.
antneye

Postby Danhdan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:25 pm

"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby growlers » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:00 am

growlers

Postby Derf » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:07 am

Derf

Postby antneye » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:27 am

antneye

Postby AT » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:57 pm

AT

Postby growlers » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Well, I put button on two pair or a set after the cap. I didn't think he would cap with a hand like A10. I had no read on UTG+1 but when he cold-calls three you usually assume a draw but who cold-calls three with a gutter? I thought it was conceivable he had bottom set (planning to CR) and got spooked by the action and just flatcalled.
Anyway, I turned into a pussy and checked the turn, button bet, and I and UTG+1 called.

River was a brick, I think [2h] and it got checkead around.

UTG+1 mucked, and button showed [8c] [Ts]

Post-mortem?
growlers

Postby antneye » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:01 am

antneye

Postby Ichoi » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Ichoi

Postby growlers » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:18 am

growlers

Postby antneye » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:57 am

antneye

Postby Danhdan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:52 pm

"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby growlers » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:43 am

growlers

Postby growlers » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:52 am

growlers

Next

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games