Advanced search

Can't belive my bluff worked.

Hand analysis. Post your trouble hands here

Moderators: iceman5, LPF Police Department

Can't belive my bluff worked.

Postby AlamedaMike » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:03 am

Live NL $200, 3,2,2. I was in the SB with [Ac] [Jc] - 5 players saw the flop a $15 raise from the CO seat.

Flop was something like [8d] [9c] [Qc]. I needed a Ten for a straight or a [c] for a flush. The bet was something like $15 and about 4 of us called.

Turn was [Jd] now I had second pair but there was 4 to a straight on the board - any Ten made a straight - check, check, bet (20), fold, I called, call - 3 players left.

River [Td] now the board had a straight and 3 to a flush. I missed my flush.

I was first to act so I fired $50. The next player to act in seat 1 mucked.

The player in the CO position asked me if I had the King or if I was bluffing. I said call my $50 and we will see. (I guess he does not think that bluffing is allowed?)

Meanwhile a very new play in seat 1 is asking the dealer about the board. He is saying that there is a straight on the board and that means that everyone splits. I glared at him and I said to him unless someone has a King or a flush.

The button said call him and split. The CO said he was trying to get some information from me.

He finally mucked. I know the BTN would have called me in a heartbeat.

The dealer did not run the hand very well at all. Allowed too much table chat about the hand while it was in progress. My read was right. He did not have a flush or a King.

I think he had something like [Ah] [Qh] the way he was betting.
Some days you are the bug and some days you are the windshield. :D
AlamedaMike

Return to No Limit Hold'em Cash Games