[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Dealing with squeezers (low stakes 6-max) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Dealing with squeezers (low stakes 6-max)

Hand analysis. Post your trouble hands here

Moderators: iceman5, LPF Police Department

Dealing with squeezers (low stakes 6-max)

Postby MTPaid » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:31 pm

History:
- Through only 86 hands villain is 26/26 and has 3-bet frequently (26% of the time when he's had the opportunity).
- There is a player in between us who is pretty terrible with a VP$IP over 50.
- The first time I raised and the bad player called, the aggressive player squeezed from the blinds. I've seen him 3-bet twice since and give up on the turn the only time he's met resistance.

This is the 2nd time I've raised and the bad player has called.

UTG [7c][6c] (105BB - both cover)

I raise to 3.5xBB, bad player calls from CO, LAG 3-bets to 17BB from BTN

What do I need to call?
When do I start 4-betting?

-------------
Squeezer #2:
History
- This player is more TAG 20/11 with 3-bet 10% through just 122 hands.
- Same situation, there is a loose bad player in between us.
- The first time I raised his blind, he 3-bet and I called (AJ) but folded to his c-bet.
- The next time he just called and weakly showed down KT for top pair.
- The 3rd time I raised, the bad player called, and he squeezed, I folded 77.

This is the 4th time after 2 re-raises and a 1 call the first 3.
I have 100BB and he covers
[Jd][Jc] CO
I raise to 3.5xBB, bad player calls on the BTN, Villain squeezes from SB to $8.50 (same amount as last time).

What's range am I 4-betting/stacking off?
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby DaFish » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:13 am

Is this two different ables?

In #1 just leave there's a gazillion of tables, you can find better spots
In #2 I prolly stack off, although at low limits I haven't really seen worse than TT+,AK so far, but i dont play 6max often, so I could be wrong.
DaFish

Postby k3nt » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:56 am

#1 what I want (as much as good cards) is position. If he's OTB when you're UTG, then he's directly across the table from you. So if he's squeezing with a wide range, I'm going to be calling his squeezes with a pretty wide range (more or less any two i raised with in the first place) when I'm in position versus him, in order to sponge the flop and watch him check/fold the turn most of the time. If he's really chronic with it and unwilling to follow through with a turn bet when he misses, this is going to get very expensive for him very fast. And I'm guessing that if he could fire 3 barrels with air in appropriate spots, he wouldn't be playing $50 NL.

With 100ish BB stacks, if he's 3-betting the top 26% of his hands, you can also 4-bet shove with a pretty wide range profitably. Certainly any ace and any pair 99+, and likely more than that. He'll have [6s][5s] a lot more often than [Kd][3c], and it's the latter hand that does better all-in preflop ... so the top 26% of his hands is almost certainly not the top 26% for calling all-in shoves. Unless he's a really good player, which is unlikely at this level, he's going to have a hard time figuring out his optimum range for calling your shoves.

But i very rarely run into this situation, and I haven't run any numbers. I'll hope somebody can give a better answer. If this were the old days on BTP I probably wouldn't even respond because I would know you would get better responses from others.
k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby MTPaid » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:51 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Return to No Limit Hold'em Cash Games