[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
A high flush on a paired and straight flush board 25NL - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

A high flush on a paired and straight flush board 25NL

Hand analysis. Post your trouble hands here

Moderators: iceman5, LPF Police Department

A high flush on a paired and straight flush board 25NL

Postby fisherman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:13 am

Villain is 90/15 but only over 20 hands

Seat 1: okkkam ($23.40)
Seat 2: Mukikoma ($26.85)
Seat 3: Repy ($23.85)
Seat 4: CASTET ($18.85)
Seat 5: Ibanezrg ($27.70)
Seat 6: elodie77 ($35.15)
okkkam posts the small blind of $0.15
Mukikoma posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ibanezrg [Ac] [As]
Repy folds
CASTET calls $0.25
Ibanezrg raises to $1.15
elodie77 calls $1.15
okkkam folds
Mukikoma folds
CASTET calls $0.90
*** FLOP *** [3c] [3s] [6s]
CASTET bets $0.25
Ibanezrg raises to $3.00
elodie77 calls $3.00
CASTET calls $2.75
*** TURN *** [3c] [3s] [6s] [5s]
CASTET bets $0.25
Ibanezrg calls $0.25
elodie77 calls $0.25
*** RIVER *** [3c] [3s] [6s] [5s] [4s]
CASTET bets $13.60

Me?????

This guy is uber loose. I have no previous on him doing the whole min bet turn, bet pot river thing. I figured he could be doing this with so many hands that are beating me i.e 34, 35, 36, plus of course the 2s and 7s which would give him the straight flush. However, equally he could be doing this with any other spade which is 6 cards. Thoughts? Any I know many of you probably say that I should have raised more on the flop
fisherman

Postby TexasKowboy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:27 am

I play $100 NL 6 max at full tilt so what works for me may not work on this table.

Raise the turn the size of the pot like you did the flop If you want to take it down right there. If not then raise the turn again to $3 to find out where you are. Then push to his bet on the river. If they are calling a pre flop raise with 72s, 34, 35, 36, 44, 55, 66 then you'll win your money back. 78s is possible because players love soooted connectors but if he has 78s he is over betting.

My read on the river bet is CASTET is trying to buy the pot with a semi bluff. If he had the nuts or a boat then he would have bet less so that he could get a caller. I put him on a big spade. His bad luck is you have a bigger one.

When I get players like this I tighten up pre flop and ram and jam my big hands. If they want to play any 2 cards it is going to cost them.
Kowboy

If I ain't sinkin', well I must be swimin' If I ain't dead, I must be livin' Livin' is the thing, that scares me the most And if I ain't sleepin', well I better be fishin' If I ain't anchored I will be driftin' But all and all, I'm doing pretty good, since I hit my third coast!
TexasKowboy
BTP Benefactor & Egg Champion 2005

Postby k3nt » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:52 am

He has like 85 cents left behind after his bet, just shove it in. Folding is never ever an option and just calling is wrong because he will call your shove with his entire range. most of which you beat.

A 90-15 over any number of hands is a moron so that widens his range here. This is a fist pump situation long-term, no matter what he turns over on the end.

I like the turn flat call. A ton of people at this level go minbet/call on the flop with their flush draws. You have outs to the nut flush and he's offering you super cheap odds ... I'd take it.
k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Danhdan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:35 pm

"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Return to No Limit Hold'em Cash Games