[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Live 1-2 Hand - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Live 1-2 Hand

Hand analysis. Post your trouble hands here

Moderators: iceman5, LPF Police Department

Live 1-2 Hand

Postby pnutbutr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:11 am

Had been at the table for an hour or so and had a somewhat decent read on the two players involved in this hand. Villain 1 (SB) was somewhat erratic, but fairly loose aggressive. Villain 1 (UTG+1) was somewhat tight-aggressive. I had picked up a few small pots and had about $330-340 in front of me. Here goes....

In the cutoff, dealt [Ac][Qh]

UTG+1 and 4 others call the $2BB, I raise to $12

Button folds, SB completes, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, everyone else folds so now

Pot: $46

Flop: [Kc][Jd][Tc]

SB checks, UTG+1 Bets $45, I raise to $150, SB cold calls, UTG+1 pushes for like $500 (had us both covered), I call, SB calls (his stack was a little bigger than mine... $400 ish).

I'm horrified as the next two cards off the deck are [2c] and [Ts]

SB flips over [6c][7c] for the flush and the scoop as UTG+1 flips [Qs][9s].

Where did I go wrong here? TIA
^ No, I didn't limp with that hand.

$2
pnutbutr

Postby iceman5 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:39 am

You played it perfectly. Poker just sucks quite often.
iceman5 [As]
iceman5
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby k3nt » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Um, yeah. You flop the nuts, you stick the money in. Are you seriously looking for advice?

The only advice I would give is don't play $1/2 if you can't handle losing $340 on a bad beat. Oh, and don't play $1/2 if you aren't sure enough of your game to know what a bad beat is and that they happen sometimes.
k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby pnutbutr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Well I was curious to know if there was some opinion on the preflop raise (too small) or the flop raise (too small)?

$2
pnutbutr

Postby k3nt » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:20 pm

OK sorry for the snideness in my last comment.

FWIW, your bet sizes look fine to me, but I don't play live so my opinion ain't worth much.
k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby equus » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:32 pm

1/2 live seems to be an oddball regarding the preflop raise size. You can open 6x-8x and that can often be a 'normal' raise that will get called...maybe in several places. I'm not saying you played it wrong...but just be aware of this. And not all 1/2 tables are like this but many are.
"I'm not 100% in love with your tone right now."
Caveman
equus

Postby pnutbutr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:34 pm

No worries on the last comment.

In my OP, I probably should have just openly asked for comments, rather than said "Where did I go wrong". I know that eventually, I absolutely want my money in here, but from a perspective of trying to extract max value, I'm curious if this is a situation where taking a small pot is better than losing a big one.

$2
pnutbutr

Postby iceman5 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:49 pm

iceman5 [As]
iceman5
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby Danhdan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:30 pm

"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby Bethep » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:01 am

Bethep

Postby iceman5 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:44 pm

iceman5 [As]
iceman5
Semi Pro (Online)

Return to No Limit Hold'em Cash Games