[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
NL50 AKo in pos flatted ep raise & sb 3bet.. - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

NL50 AKo in pos flatted ep raise & sb 3bet..

Hand analysis. Post your trouble hands here

Moderators: iceman5, LPF Police Department

NL50 AKo in pos flatted ep raise & sb 3bet..

Postby seatown » Sat May 24, 2008 2:45 pm

No reads on villian, his very first hand at the table. Table had been playing very lag. I flatted UTG+1 because he was capable of making moves & seemed to be a solid post flop player. I flatted SB because:

a. from what I know, he didn't have any previous reads on me
b. could be making this play intending to take down pf w/ 1010 or JJ
c. allow him to think I am weak & have him commit on the flop

Bodog History for Hand #1241803882
Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008-05-24 13:00:42
Table 'Pilsudski (max 6)' Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: aacrackedkk ($97.85)
Seat 2: stackkiller ($46.15)
Seat 3: scatthecat ($50.00)
Seat 4: bphect ($34.02)
Seat 5: cnel44 ($0.00)
Seat 6: isisstarz10 ($64.52)
------------------------------
NEW HAND
scatthecat: posts the small blind $0.25
bphect: posts the big blind $0.50
--- DEALING POCKETS
aacrackedkk is dealt [Kc] [As]
cnel44: folds
isisstarz10: raises $1.25 to $1.75
aacrackedkk: calls $1.75
stackkiller: calls $1.75
scatthecat: raises $7.00 to $8.75
bphect: folds
isisstarz10: folds
A New $1.00/$2.00 Texas Hold'em table Spartans has started.
aacrackedkk: calls $7.00
stackkiller:, it's your turn. You have 10 seconds to act
stackkiller:, it's your turn. You have 5 seconds to act
stackkiller: has timed out and folded.
stackkiller: is sitting out
--- DEALING FLOP

Is this ok so far?
seatown

Postby Danhdan » Sat May 24, 2008 3:10 pm

I think villain could be squeezing here...I think a 4-bet is probably better than a flat call. I'm not sure you are going to get paid off on the flop if you hit your hand here, and I think the chances that you have him dominated are decent to shovel more money in.

I think there might be a good argument made for a flat call here, but I can't think if it right now. I still like a 4-bet or push better.
"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby Beavis68 » Sat May 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Beavis68

Postby DoctorHandles » Sat May 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Preflop is not ok.

You should be 3-betting from the CO when MP opens with air a good amount and you have the nuts now so you need to 3-bet this as well, UNLESS you know you're very likely to get squeezed. If the table really is that aggro and you think you'll get squeezed a lot then the flat call is very very good but only if you follow through and shove over his squeeze, as it makes you look absolutely FOS and will get looked up super lightly.

There is no way he will fold AQ to your resqueeze and you probably get him to lay down anything lower than 99 so shoving over the top is an absolute must.
The better player should win the race. Always.
DoctorHandles

Postby seatown » Sun May 25, 2008 1:47 am

seatown

Postby k3nt » Sun May 25, 2008 9:24 am

k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Beavis68 » Sun May 25, 2008 9:56 am

Last edited by Beavis68 on Sun May 25, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beavis68

Postby seatown » Sun May 25, 2008 11:02 am

Last edited by seatown on Sun May 25, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seatown

Postby Danhdan » Sun May 25, 2008 3:33 pm

scatthecat posted .25 before the hand was dealt. He also was the fifth player to act in turn preflop. Therefore, unless I am reading this wrong, we are in position.

Beavis, seatown...your flop actions are impossible.

BTW, Kent did point out earlier that Hero is in position...I just thought I would make it that point more glaring because it affects your choices.

Either way, if I was in position or OOP, I do not think right now is the best time for a push, although I don't mind it. I think it's highly unlikely villain is on a flush draw, but you might even scare him off an overpair here or not let him continue to bluff with AQ. The good news is that he has put almost half his stack in so far, so the chances of him folding here are very slim no matter what action you take. I imagine a flop push would look like a weaker hand or flush draw.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

Danhdan

Postby seatown » Sun May 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Sorry post has been edited, beavis confused me & I started thinkin bout this other hand I posted up on here...

Okay, Danhdan I understand the points you are making which is exactly why I played it pf the way I did, expecting the flop to go exactly how it did.. So villian led out strong and I instantly pushed my stack ai knowing villian prolly got me on a pp and is not folding after he's shown so much strength & committed so much pf & on flop and guess what villian does.... HE SNAP CALLS.....

So I really need more info if I should be 3 betting pf here like 90% of the time, how does my flop play change? I would imagine most would check/fold.

And when you guys are sayin villian is squeezing, what exactly does this mean?
seatown

Postby Danhdan » Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 pm

What do you do on the flops where you don't connect?

Squeeze Play: After a player open-raises and is called in one or more spots behind, Hero reraises. Usually he will take the pot down because he needs a much stronger hand than normal to make the call because he will fear all the coldcallers of his original raise behind him calling the raise as well. You try to do this only against those who are raising light and against opponents who are flat calling that raise light. I believe it really started out as a tournament play, but has made it's way over to cash games because players are opening(raising preflop) light enough to make this a quick and clean way to get monies without having a hand yourself. This is not a play to be used much at all though. Use it sparingly and choose who to make this play against IMO at NL 50.

Danhdan

Postby corporatex » Mon May 26, 2008 9:01 am

corporatex

Postby Rhound50 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:10 pm

"Its a pink handbag not backpack damn it." Godlikeroy

"From playing full tilt I wanna smash every garden gnome I see. That travelocity commercial puts me on instant tilt."
Rhound50
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby ToastedMoses » Tue May 27, 2008 4:15 pm

"I saw this wino eating grapes, its like dude.... you have to wait." - Mitch Hedberg
ToastedMoses

Return to No Limit Hold'em Cash Games