[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Please teach me how to CR the flop ! ($50 SH) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Please teach me how to CR the flop ! ($50 SH)

Hand analysis. Post your trouble hands here

Moderators: iceman5, LPF Police Department

Please teach me how to CR the flop ! ($50 SH)

Postby Tatarana » Sat May 31, 2008 5:48 pm

Last month, there was 17 events in a 4k hands sample. Probably not much. In all these hands, there was a reasonably aggro player yet to act.

1st : Paired board

A LAG raised to $1 on MP, tight button calls and I squeezed to $5 with JJ, they both call. I had $40 and they cover.

Flop is [9d] [2s] [9h], I check , LAG bets $2, BTN raises to $9.25 ( pot was $15.25). I shove.

2nd : Monotone flop

I raise UTG to $1.75 with [3d] [3h], .a donk running at 45/25 calls from BTN. we had $50.
Flop is [Qs][8s][6s], I check, he bets the pot ($4.25), I raise to $17.

3rd : A-high flop

A TAG ( 26/20/3.5 ) opens on the CO, I called the $2 from SB with 66. We are full stacked

Flop is [As][3h][4d] , I check, he bets $3 and I raise to $9

Browsing these hands, I couldnt find any drawing hand. Is that a leak ? Are you CR draws+overcards ?

Thank you for your comments !
Tatarana

Postby k3nt » Sat May 31, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes I'm CR'ing with draws + overcards when I get a chance. I need to be pretty certain someone's betting at it.

This was at $50 NL FR at Cake a week ago or so. I got [Ac][Kc] in the BB, there was an utg limper (bad player) then utg+1 raised to $2, I decided to flat call, limper called.

Pot $6 was Jxx with 2 clubs. I checked, limper bet $4 into the preflop raiser, the raiser thought a while and folded, and I decided it was a great time for a check/shove. Limper tanked and finally made the call with J8 for TPNK and of course my 15 outs twice whiffed.
k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Bosox1 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:51 am

"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Postby Jossnaz » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:24 am

i think hand 1 is completely different than the other two

i had a very similar hand just yesterday, but against two lags. Preflop was only raised though, board was nines and i had jacks OOP too, I bet 12 into 15 got called once and then minraised which made me fold my overpair. Those idiots both had a 9 :-) So actually i mind the lag more than the button, he never beats jacks there, but the lag might have a 9 and it's hard to find out... given its 3bet pot i think you have to stack anyways.

I dont like hand 2, he's calling/shoving you with too many hands and you only have 2 outs.

hand 3 is fine i guess

imo hands which are better for raising are overcards and not pp. Once called you have no equity left to win the pot with those and turn a good card. Secondly for balancing, when you raise and decide to bet turn again, it's gonna be most likely another overcard and not low crap which does not change the board.

that's just imo and i'm obv. a retard
Always bet on duke
Jossnaz

Return to No Limit Hold'em Cash Games