[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
HU push range - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

HU push range

Hand analysis. Post your trouble hands here

Moderators: iceman5, LPF Police Department

HU push range

Postby Aisthesis » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:25 am

While I play HU mainly tournament style, I don't think it makes any difference for my question: The first maybe 10 hands, where you don't have much of a read and stacks are deep, what hands would you push with?

Also relevant is the exact sequence, I think, and I'll use Stars tourney stacks (which are slightly shorter than a cash full buy-in) and assume blinds are 10/20 and both players have about 1,500. Anyhow, later on I think your range should definitely change a lot based on your read of the player. But here are the scenarios I'd be interested in:

1) You're OTB and raise to 50. Villain makes it 150. What hands will you 3-bet here and how much?

For me, on that one, it will probably most likely be something like 88-TT, although I'm not sure that's such a great selection, and I'll probably make it about 450 or 500. I think I'll usually flat call here with AJ+ as well as JJ+ and KQ. Pretty much everything else I'm laying down.

2) You're OTB and limp QQ-AA. Villain raises to 60. Re-raise or flat call? I'll usually flat call there and try to pick up a CB. I'll probably at least call absolutely ANY flop with those hands (exception might be A-high suited flop where I have QQ and no suited card or something like that).

3) You're OOP and raise to 80 after a limp. Villain makes it 300.

I think I'd probably re-raise KK and AA only here (had I raised them in this situation PF at all, which isn't exactly normal for me). I think villain probably has a very big hand. I'd probably still have to call at least with maybe JJ-QQ and AK, maybe AQ.

4) You're OOP and villain makes it 60 to from SB. What hands do you re-raise with and when do you call? Honestly, I do a lot of calling in this situation. I'll be most inclined to re-raise here a little looser than in case 1), maybe something like 55-TT and AT+, and I'll usually make it about 240. I want a fold here. I'll generally flat call with JJ+ and then CR the overpair. I do think that if you at least know that villain doesn't necessarily CB, then re-raising at least JJ-QQ is probably not a bad idea. On AA/KK, I"m probably still going to hope that he hits something and take my chances.

Opinions?
Aisthesis

Return to No Limit Hold'em Cash Games