[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Stud is nasty - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Stud is nasty

Keep the strategy areas clean and post LC & BBs here

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Stud is nasty

Postby phytopath » Thu May 15, 2008 8:03 pm

Anyway, I don't play much stud but I noticed this 5/10 game had average pots of over 120$ so I decided to sit down.

I was getting pretty brutal cards, lost a few big pots with 4 to a royal on 4th that triple bricked and trip tens on 4th against a guy who went flush, flush and I think flush (not sure)

Anyway the games were really loose to 5th and a real psycho chaser on my immediate left.

Anyway, I finally get a hand.

5 players at this point,

I get dealt [Qs][Qh] Qd

there was the bring in and two calls to me, I decide to just call since the psycho has a Ac up, and predictably he raises. So there is one more caller then the bring in and limper also call, I call.

4th
[Qs][Qh] [Qd] 2c

psycho is showing [As][Kd]

Psyco bets, 2 calls, I raise, psycho calls and the other player who is flushing spades (he's short) calls.

5th
[Qs][Qh][Qd][2c] 2h :-)

psycho picks up [8h], shortie continues to flush picking up [Ks]

I bet, psycho raises, shortie shoves for 1/2 a bet more, I decide to call, psycho calls

6th

I hit a J, psycho pairs his 8 and the AI player pairs his K.

Psycho bets, I raise, 3 bet, 4 bet, 5 bet, psycho calls.

7th, now I have about 7 bets left and I am more than prepared to put them in against this guy.

I pick up a 6 I think,

Psycho bets, I raise, psycho calls.

Of course he tables aces full, having rolled up aces against my rolled up queens :roll: ,
I'm just glad he wasn't smart enough to keep going on the river. 1st time I've been overrolled, no idea what the odds of that happening are.
phytopath

Postby emmasdad » Thu May 15, 2008 11:47 pm

I've been overrolled once. NOt sure if Jus or Piers ever has. It stings.
emmasdad

Postby Triple B » Fri May 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Villain: Why?
Villain: How?
Me: I had a feeling
Villian: Sit in you cretin
Triple B

Postby Ichoi » Mon May 19, 2008 7:50 am

I've played maybe 25k-30k hands of stud hi and it's happened once.

(my 8's against someone's J's)

I don't know what the odds are.

Didn't matter, neither of us boated and someone won with a flush.

It was a live game.
Ichoi

Postby Beavis68 » Mon May 19, 2008 12:52 pm

Beavis68

Return to Low Content & Bad Beats