[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Another number guessing question - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Another number guessing question

Everything from "Whats the best place to get a sandwich at Bellagio?" to "Damn, Shana Hiatt is FINE!".

Moderators: TightWad, LPF Police Department

Another number guessing question

Postby k3nt » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:33 pm

According to the Toronto Star, based on information from former National Basketball Association players, roughly ___ out of every 1,000 NBA players are broke within five years of retirement.

No googling, or if you heard the answer don't chime in please ... guesses only.
k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby MTPaid » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:43 pm

They gotta support all the babies mamas.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby stealthtt385 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:24 pm

A[d]K[d]
stealthtt385

Postby Thxlbx » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Thxlbx

Postby NorthView » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:59 pm

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby 80Proof » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:09 pm

Define 'broke'.
80Proof

Postby equus » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:21 am

"I'm not 100% in love with your tone right now."
Caveman
equus

Postby NVG » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:38 am

NVG

Postby k3nt » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:52 pm

FWIW, the article said 60% of players.

Once you ask the question, you start to guess high. But before I had heard that the question could be asked, I certainly wouldn't have.

I guess I kind of thought that because I could live on a one-time payment of say $1.5 million pretty easily for the rest of my life, these guys who make more than that on average for at least several years running could, you know, do OK.
k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby MTPaid » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:07 pm

The interesting thing, which I read about baseball players several years ago, is that I think they have to pay taxes to each state they play in. So a guy who's making the league minimum, although that sounds much higher than most normal people make, generally ends up not doing as well as everyone would think.

Then again, that could be off set by the fact that they get something like $80 in meal money per day. Yet, if you're a college coach and you buy your team a pizza, you're violating NCAA rules and could face sanctions. Different subject though.
"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Postby Marm » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:39 am

"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Postby KJo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:18 pm

KJo

Postby JJSCOTT2 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:18 pm

These things always seem high but then are really not that interesting if you factor in that MOST players in professional sports you've never heard of. I heard somewhere that the average life of a running back in the NFL is less than 3 seasons and they average $500k in debt when they leave.
JJSCOTT2

Postby MTPaid » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:56 pm

"Muppets In Space"

MTPaid

Return to LPF Community