[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Comedian George Carlin dead at age 71 - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Comedian George Carlin dead at age 71

Everything from "Whats the best place to get a sandwich at Bellagio?" to "Damn, Shana Hiatt is FINE!".

Moderators: TightWad, LPF Police Department

Comedian George Carlin dead at age 71

Postby low dough » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:19 am

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.
Steven Wright

low dough
BTP Tourny #5 Winner

Postby low dough » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:24 am

Modern man on you tube

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.
Steven Wright

low dough
BTP Tourny #5 Winner

Postby SebQtaneus » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:42 am

R.I.P.

He was one of my all time faves. Saw him live more than once. One of the most hilarious men ever.
Mekos King: Seb is now the way the truth and the light
Mekos King: as if we didnt know that already
SebQtaneus

Postby equus » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:51 am

Well ****, ****, ****, ****, **********, ************, and ****.

RIP.
"I'm not 100% in love with your tone right now."
Caveman
equus

Postby Bosox1 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:22 am

IMO He was the best comedian ever. His shows and books make me laugh consistantly even though I know some of them word for word. A very sad day indeed.

If you are a big fan I highly recommend picking up the "All My Stuff" Box set. It has like 13 DVD's with all 11 of his HBO comedy specials and an interview wth him and a few other cool odds and ends.
"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Postby Marm » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:43 am

RIP.

Wonder if they already kicked him out of heaven.......... He'd like that..
"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Postby MTPaid » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:32 pm

I don't remember the last time I got this depressed about a celebrity death. Maybe Rodney, but probably not even because he had been in bad health for a while and everyone knew he was near the end. He had gotten a bit too political and angry in his stand up during the later years, but his last HBO special was very good. Always looked foward to the next one, so it's sad that there will be no more. This just sucks!
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Return to LPF Community