[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
My poker career may be coming to an end........... - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

My poker career may be coming to an end...........

Everything from "Whats the best place to get a sandwich at Bellagio?" to "Damn, Shana Hiatt is FINE!".

Moderators: TightWad, LPF Police Department

My poker career may be coming to an end...........

Postby antneye » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:57 am

.....Well, not to and end, but it is going to change pretty dramatically. As most of the limit regulars (2 homeless people and Pok) know, I play 2 hours a day while riding the train to/from NYC. Well I just learned that I am biing transferred out of Manhattan into a much more prestigious and visible role (still only a lateral though). I have my choice of three offices to set up as my home base and one of them is only 30 miles from my home so I will be joining the world of the commuters who drive to work. There is no mass transit near this office so even a short RR trip is not an option. This means my poker will be limitted to the times I need to go into NYC for a meeting (maybe 2-3 times a month) or the evenings after the wife and kids fall asleep.

So my miserable 2K hands per month will be reduced. I am a bit dissapointed because I managed to take a measly $100 roll playing .10/.20 to about 5K and playing 5/10 over the 2 1/2 years I was riding the train. I will keep the roll intact, but my progress up the stakes ladder will definitely be curtailed.

As far as the job goes, when I heard of the opening a few days ago I was really hoping that I would be the person tapped to fill it. I was pleasantly surprised when my phone rang last night and it was my boss asking me if I would be interested in taking the job.
antneye

Postby emmasdad » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 am

Congrats!
emmasdad

Postby MTPaid » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:02 pm

What? You can't drive and play at the same time? You've got 2 hands. Use them!
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby antneye » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:55 pm

antneye

Postby Beavis68 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Beavis68

Postby PkrKat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:29 pm

"they tell me you rarely speak in person..I told them that seemed impossible given how funny you are online"
PkrKat
<b>BTP Benefactor</b>

Postby antneye » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:03 pm

antneye

Postby PkrKat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:31 pm

"they tell me you rarely speak in person..I told them that seemed impossible given how funny you are online"
PkrKat
<b>BTP Benefactor</b>

Postby antneye » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:06 pm

antneye

Postby MTPaid » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:43 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby PkrKat » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 am

PkrKat
<b>BTP Benefactor</b>

Postby Pok 7's » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:53 am

Pok 7's

Postby antneye » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:28 am

Last edited by antneye on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antneye

Postby antneye » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:31 am

antneye

Postby k3nt » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:09 pm

k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Next

Return to LPF Community