[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Handle/nickname/username changes - How do I do it? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Handle/nickname/username changes - How do I do it?

New to this site? Learn what you can and can't do. Existing members please report problems and suggestions here.

Moderators: tetsuo, LPF Police Department

Handle/nickname/username changes - How do I do it?

Postby shamdonk » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:58 pm

change shamrock20 to shamdonk?

Make it happen mods.

ty
[-o< [-o< [-o<
Be glad your opponents refuse to fold; if they didn't, you just might go broke.

(9:00:09 PM) GodlikeRoy: i think you could prolly post total shit for the next 2 years aaaaand like 192 days and you'll still be considered 'posting good' cause of your threads that'll never be seen thread
shamdonk

Postby low dough » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:19 pm

Mods do not make it happen, only tetsuo can, send him a PM
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.
Steven Wright

low dough
BTP Tourny #5 Winner

Postby tetsuo » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:24 am

Please note this advice is no longer applicable - please skip this post and read the next post from tetsuo.

Tetsuo has had a quite a few username change requests! It seems to be contagious.

I've nothing against name changes per se, but please be aware that if you do it that it may result in other people becoming confused about who you are, and this may lead to 'xxx: were you formerly yyy' posts/threads that plainly have no actual value to anybody.

To remove the administration overhead of name changes, I've enabled users to change their own names. You should just be able to go to your profile and type a different nick into the appropriate box at the top of the page and save/submit at the bottom.

You'll be informed if the nick is in use already, just choose another one.

Rules:

1) Please don't use very controversial words or phrases like ***, *****, or even ***** ******* *** **** ******, you **** ******* *******. OK? :-D

2) Do not attempt to masquerade as another user, even in jest. Say I registered myself as 'Sharndonk' or something (with or without uploading an identical avatar to his as well) and then created havoc by insulting all the good people at BTP. Uh-oh! I'd be insta-banned, no second chances.

3) Do not name-change excessively just for the hell of playing multiple personalities, because it confuses people, etc. etc. This lowers the quality of the board.

4) It is not recommended that moderators change their names, as these names are already associated with power, control, respect, er.. corruption? lol. :P

Please report any infringements of this policy to a moderator or tetsuo.

If name changing becomes problematic then I will simply revoke the permission again.
Last edited by tetsuo on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
tetsuo
Site Admin

Postby shamdonk » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:04 am

Nh sir. (my first sticky!)

ty tetsuo :D
Be glad your opponents refuse to fold; if they didn't, you just might go broke.

(9:00:09 PM) GodlikeRoy: i think you could prolly post total shit for the next 2 years aaaaand like 192 days and you'll still be considered 'posting good' cause of your threads that'll never be seen thread
shamdonk

Postby MVPSPORTS » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:59 pm

MVPSPORTS

Postby GodlikeRoy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:47 pm

Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby tetsuo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:33 am

tetsuo
Site Admin

Postby Molina » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:09 am

Molina

Postby tetsuo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:10 pm

tetsuo
Site Admin

Return to LPF FAQ, News and Support Requests