[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Some advice on a marginal hand. Thanks - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Some advice on a marginal hand. Thanks

Are you playing your best tournament game? Find out here!

Moderators: TexasKowboy, LPF Police Department

Some advice on a marginal hand. Thanks

Postby chrischriscarlcarl » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:21 am

chrischriscarlcarl

Postby Meltinpot » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:12 am

Meltinpot

Postby Juskimo » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:21 am

[23:42] Mekos King: and lookin bck on it all
[23:42] Mekos King: I FEEL RICH JEWISH GUILT

<spank_her_pair> whats everyone up 2?
<stickdude> watching Pok's AA get stomped on by Jus's AK
<PocketSevens> For those who missed it there's proof that when you eat a lot of fish you turn into one

http://juskimo.blogspot.com/
j[d]
Juskimo
Rolled up since '05

Postby TexasKowboy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:08 pm

11K with a 400/800 blind I'm pushing pre flop and happy to have the blinds. This is not a time to get tricky you should be in push or fold mode. You can't afford to see a three way flop with a drawing hand unless you are ready to go all the way to the river. My next choice would be to push after the flop again don't wait for the check raise because you don't have enough chips for a check raise and get any respect.

I repeat with only 10 orbits left, If your going to voluntarily put money into the pot it has to be a push before the flop.

Lets say you have a great read and you know the bettor has 2 pair or better so you muck. Now you are down to 8500 before posting the BB. Cards are rags button makes it 4K to go you muck that hand. Now you have 7700 and post 400 in the SB. Rags again can't call the steal. 7300 on the button. 7300 does not get the respect 10,000 gets when you make a steal move. So now your having to push with a hand not nearly as good as AK.

Push your AK preflop. One of three things is going to happen.

a. Get a free orbit because you just stole the blinds.
b. Double or triple up and have a stack you can win the MTT with.
c. Go home because some donk called you with J,J and the ace on the river gave you 2 pair but also gave him broadway.
Kowboy

If I ain't sinkin', well I must be swimin' If I ain't dead, I must be livin' Livin' is the thing, that scares me the most And if I ain't sleepin', well I better be fishin' If I ain't anchored I will be driftin' But all and all, I'm doing pretty good, since I hit my third coast!
TexasKowboy
BTP Benefactor & Egg Champion 2005

Postby chrischriscarlcarl » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:54 am

Last edited by chrischriscarlcarl on Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
chrischriscarlcarl

Postby chrischriscarlcarl » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:56 am

chrischriscarlcarl

Postby TexasKowboy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:41 am

Kowboy

If I ain't sinkin', well I must be swimin' If I ain't dead, I must be livin' Livin' is the thing, that scares me the most And if I ain't sleepin', well I better be fishin' If I ain't anchored I will be driftin' But all and all, I'm doing pretty good, since I hit my third coast!
TexasKowboy
BTP Benefactor & Egg Champion 2005

Postby low dough » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.
Steven Wright

low dough
BTP Tourny #5 Winner

Postby MTPaid » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:45 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby MTPaid » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Also, as played, I don't mind the check on the flop, but only if there are aggressive players behind you and only because I am definitely check-raising all-in.

If you bet, all the hands that beat you or have a J are probably going to call you anyway and all the hands you crush probably fold.

If you check, they might try to bluff or bet a Q or a T that you beat. Now you have that money in there too which wouldn't have been if you had bet.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby DaFish » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:43 am

DaFish

Return to Multi Table Tournaments (MTTs)