[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
This just bugs me - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

This just bugs me

Are you playing your best tournament game? Find out here!

Moderators: TexasKowboy, LPF Police Department

This just bugs me

Postby PkrKat » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:48 pm

so I am playing in a MTT at Foxwoods tonite , $230 buy in, 95 people. The blinds are 300/600. I have maybe 15K in chips (you get 10K to start) . First guy to act goes all in with $2750. I have AA. Everyone folds to me. I think for a minute whether to just call since I am pretty sure the only one who is going to call this after me is the big blind since he has been calling a lot of hands with garbage (though he clearly wants the table to know he is THE POKER GUY at the table.) I decide I want him in the hand so I just call. As I predicted the guys behind me folds and the big blind does his normal speech of "wow I think I gotta call this".

Before the flop even comes out he looks at me and says "I'm checking blind" Just the way he says it I know what he really means is that he expects we are both gonna check this down to the river (THERE ARE 75 PLAYERS LEFT). The flop comes out,
QQ3 (rainbow)..I check after he checks. He checks really quickly again and I reach for my chips. He gives this disgusted roll of the eyes and I bet 2400. Now I do want him out of the hand since I got what I wanted by having him call the all in pre flop. There is 8500+ in the pot..he folds...I win.

He turns to the guy next to him and says "some people just have no clue how to play in a tournament". I say "what did you say?"...he repeats it and I laugh. He then says 'your supposed to check it down when someone is all in"..I say "who taught you that trick? first of all there is still 75 people in the tournament, second, this is not a team sport, why would I want you to draw out on me when I knew I had the best had on the flop and turn? He says "whatever, I'm not gonna argue with you, I know I am right".

This has come up before when players seem to think that you check down whenever someone is all in (way before players are in the money or even close)..

No one is ever going to convince me that the proper way to ever play when someone is all in is to check down when you are pretty sure you have the winning hand and others are still in the hand..Please tell me I am not nuts..
PkrKat
<b>BTP Benefactor</b>

Postby starstealer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:33 pm

The only issue I have is a bluff into a dry side pot, although it only annoys me me when we are close to the bubble/close to the final table or something similar. And by bluff I mean 23o on a QJT monotone board - something where the guy has no chance of winning the main pot unimproved.
"How's life treatin' you Norm?"
"Like a baby treats a diaper."
starstealer

Postby chuckwhoolery » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:06 pm

chuckwhoolery

Postby Xaston » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:52 pm

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby PkrKat » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:06 pm

PkrKat
<b>BTP Benefactor</b>

Postby MTPaid » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:33 pm

I don't even think he's allowed to say out loud that you're supposed to check it down. That's collusion and he's probably subject to some kind of penalty if you wanted to push it.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby Beavis68 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:27 pm

why bother saying anything? they were donks. w
Beavis68

Postby PkrKat » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:12 pm

PkrKat
<b>BTP Benefactor</b>

Postby Beavis68 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:11 pm

Beavis68

Postby Bosox1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:06 pm

"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Return to Multi Table Tournaments (MTTs)