[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
You made it past the bubble now what? - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

You made it past the bubble now what?

Are you playing your best tournament game? Find out here!

Moderators: TexasKowboy, LPF Police Department

You made it past the bubble now what?

Postby TexasKowboy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:02 pm

Kowboy

If I ain't sinkin', well I must be swimin' If I ain't dead, I must be livin' Livin' is the thing, that scares me the most And if I ain't sleepin', well I better be fishin' If I ain't anchored I will be driftin' But all and all, I'm doing pretty good, since I hit my third coast!
TexasKowboy
BTP Benefactor & Egg Champion 2005

Postby starstealer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:52 pm

Well - it certainly pays to know your table texture at this point. Unfortunately - with tables breaking up to the bubble - you could very likely be on a new table or facing an array of new players at your table.

Here's the piece of advice that I can provide.

Pay attention to your stack size with regard to the rest of the table. Having an average stack is worthless if everyone on the table is bigger than you; likewise, playing big stack poker is somewhat possible if you have a bunch of short stacks on your tables.
"How's life treatin' you Norm?"
"Like a baby treats a diaper."
starstealer

Postby TexasKowboy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:56 am

I agree with startstealer. I don't know how many times I have been in 10 to 15 place with 30 to 50 left and have a table full of big stacks. Changes what you can do because now you have to protect your stack instead of attacking the short stacks.

By now most of the bad players unless they got really lucky are gone and very few hands go to show down so getting reads are difficult. So now what?
Kowboy

If I ain't sinkin', well I must be swimin' If I ain't dead, I must be livin' Livin' is the thing, that scares me the most And if I ain't sleepin', well I better be fishin' If I ain't anchored I will be driftin' But all and all, I'm doing pretty good, since I hit my third coast!
TexasKowboy

Postby TexasKowboy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:00 am

Kowboy

TexasKowboy

Postby starstealer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:38 am

"How's life treatin' you Norm?"
"Like a baby treats a diaper."
starstealer

Postby chuckwhoolery » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:36 pm

chuckwhoolery

Postby TexasKowboy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Kowboy

TexasKowboy

Postby TexasKowboy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:16 am

Kowboy

TexasKowboy

Postby TexasKowboy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:16 am

Kowboy

TexasKowboy

Return to Multi Table Tournaments (MTTs)