Advanced search

Monsters (PF)

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

Monsters (PF)

Postby Aisthesis » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:07 pm

I've been doing some more study of various strong hands (in part with an eye to the raising issue) and have come up with the following list of hands that I consider extremely strong and will do a LOT to see a flop with these hands.

Note that I'm not including most AA hands in this group, although quite a few. The reason is that AA alone really only has top set value to hit the flop hard. On the hands I list here, there are many that the flop can miss and you can easily let go. But I think all of them are extremely strong. But I'm very interested to hear if others really belong in this list or if some of mine are not as strong as I think. These hands make up 3.23% of all starting hands, and I think all of these are almost "must raise" from LP.

Any AAds
AAKQ, AAKJ, AAQJ
AA99-AAKK
KKAQ, KKAJ, KKQJ, KKQT, KKJT (I'm only giving big suited bonuses to an A)
KK99-KKQQ
QQKA, QQAJ, QQKJ, QQKT, QQJT
QQ99-QQJJ
JJAK, JJAQ, JJKQ, JJKT, JJQT, JJT9
JJ99-JJTT
TTQJ, TTJ9, TT98
TT88-TT99
99JT, 99T8, 9987
wraps 4567-JQKA
big 1-gappers 8TJQ-TJQA
suited wraps 456A-9TJA (suited to the A and not a 3-flush)

As I say, there are a bunch of AA hands NOT included in this, although I've been fairly liberal on my AA, including ALL ds ones. I know any AA is a favorite PF over a large portion of this field, but I'm thinking all of these hands have very high potential for hitting a flop extremely hard in a fair number of instances.

They cover a very wide variety of boards, although they're more likely to hit big cards than they are raggedy flops.

I'd be interested to hear if others would put some more hands in or take some of these out on a list of the very strongest PF Omaha hands. I think we want at least 3% on this list, and I'd really prefer having more like 6%, but I don't know where to get the extra 3%.
Aisthesis

Return to Omaha