Advanced search

PLO $200 - Low wrap and crazy action

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

PLO $200 - Low wrap and crazy action

Postby Stoneburg » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:43 am

I've got 6543ds in MP, EP limps and I limp. Now button raises to $7 and SB who is a shorty with only $20 pushes.

Back to EP, who flat calls. I decide to flat call as well.

Button makes a new raise, pot, to $95. EP flat calls again.

I started with $190, Button with $142 and EP has us both covered.

Hum... I finally just push it in with my 6-high. Good, bad, awful? I do not expect anyone of them to fold obviously, but I figure Button has AA, SB probably has a big pair like KK, and EP most likely has 4 big cards. With that many big cards out, my small wrap should have plenty of equity (and hopefully at least one of my suits are live). I don't want to call because I can't evaluate the flop good enough I think.
Stoneburg

Postby Kuso » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:44 pm

don't call the initial $20 if you're not ok with the button 4bet.

as played, your equity is probably pretty damn good. the worst case scenario is that your flushes are no good, while the deck is likely rich with low cards.

if you choose to see the flop, definitely push if you get any piece of the flop (1pr+) and no A or K hits. if an A or K hits, you have to evaluate based on the other two flop cards.

i don't think you're ever making a huge equity mistake in a situation like this. metagame considerations are much more relevant, imho (e.g., will a fish leave if he wins a big pot, etc.).
wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby Aisthesis » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:54 pm

With one AA out there, the bottom end of your outs is dubious. I honestly don't like playing this hand at all in MP just because it's low and no full extension. But kuso's points are also valid. Still, an A on the flop (which you need for a big draw), and pairings are presumaby dead.

Also not sure about push rather than call. If it were 4567ds or 5789ds or for that matter ss, I'd probably go for it.
Aisthesis

Return to Omaha