[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
$10 PLO Hands - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

$10 PLO Hands

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

$10 PLO Hands

Postby monster » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:19 pm

So I'm just looking for some opinion/thoughts on some of my hands. What would you guys do differently?

Hand 1. I pretty much knew he was holding 8-9 so my fold equity here is zero. Is it still the correct play to shove the flop with the flush and full house draws?

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.15
CO: $11.70
Button: $7.05
hero: $13.75
BB: $10.80

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is SB with [7c] [Jh] [7d] [Jc]
UTG folds, CO calls, Button folds, hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: [7s] [6c] [Tc] ($0.3, 3 players)
hero bets $0.3, BB raises to $1, CO folds, hero raises to $3.6, BB raises to $10.8, hero raises all-in $13.65, BB calls all-in $0.9.
Uncalled bets: $1.95 returned to hero.

Turn: [Ks] ($23.7, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $23.7)

River: [6s] ($23.7, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $23.7)

Results:
Final pot: $23.7
hero showed 7c Jh 7d Jc
BB showed 5c Ad 9c 8d

Hand 2. How should I have played this nugget for max value?

Stack sizes:
UTG: $17.90
UTG+1: $5.50
hero: $13.10
Button: $10.15
SB: $3.40
BB: $12.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with [Qs] [4d] [Ad] [6c]
2 folds, hero calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: [Ac] [As] [Ah] ($0.25, 2 players)
BB bets $0.25, hero calls.

Turn: [3c] ($0.75, 2 players)
BB bets $0.75, hero calls.

River: [8c] ($2.25, 2 players)
BB checks, hero bets $2.25, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: $2.25 returned to hero.

Results:
Final pot: $2.25

Hand 3. I would have liked to see what villian was holding. My guess is a two pair, obviously without the Ace, or he may have had a draw of some sort. I was worried that the river filled him up but he checked. Should I have raised the flop or turn to get it all in? I didn't like the fact that he folded his hand on the river and still had $5 in his stack.

Stack sizes:
UTG: $14.70
UTG+1: $10
hero: $10
Button: $4
SB: $14.40
BB: $9.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with [Ts] [5s] [5h] [Js]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, hero (poster) checks, Button folds, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: [6s] [Ah] [5d] ($0.5, 5 players)
SB checks, BB bets $0.25, UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $1.25, hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: [Kc] ($4.5, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 bets $4.5, hero calls, SB folds.

River: [As] ($13.5, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, hero is all-in $4.15, UTG+1 folds.
Uncalled bets: $4.15 returned to hero.

Results:
Final pot: $13.5

Thanks for the help guys!
Mitch
monster

Postby MBuckler » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:44 pm

MBuckler

Postby monster » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:14 am

monster

Postby MBuckler » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:31 am

MBuckler

Postby briachek » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:03 pm

hand 1 - fine. very hard for you to have less than 37% or so in equity unless he has bigger set and fd. you will often be ahead or flipping.

hand 2 - i'm fine with your postflop play for the most part. i might raise the turn instead but i'm fine with the river. biggest problem is preflop. that hand is pretty crappy and not worth the limp. normally if first in on a 6max game, if you aren't ready to raise it, probably shouldn't play it. that hand is garbage imo.

hand 3 - don't post especially in a 6 max game. I'm cheap when it comes to blinds plus position is so important to this game, you don't want to lose your button hand. Any reads on the players? i don't see you being in great shape at all here very often I would want some sort of other draw to go with here if I don't have a read because this is plo's version of reverse implied odds imo. you have little hope to improve (and if you do and still get action, you have the bottom boat so you probably aren't good) and if he doesn't have you beat now with a better set, players normally have at least a good draw here. or top 2. So you don't know what you need. i would probably just drop it on the flop without a read since i don't think you will be giving up too much. You could call to see what he does on the turn because without a strong hand, he's got to be afraid a little of your call but give up if he keeps firing.
Brian [Js][9s]
Anyone who gets in a fair fight, has no tactical skills.
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Return to Omaha