Advanced search

Raise #5 (PLO200)

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

Raise #5 (PLO200)

Postby Aisthesis » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:07 pm

I'm in SB with AcAh6c2h and $200 in chips. 8-player game, and only CO and button limp. I raise max to $10.

BB (good player, same guy to my left as in hand #4, although this hand actually happened before hand 4) in full stack calls, as does CO (new to table and had $120 in chips) and button (also same LAG with around $170 here).

Flop pot is $40, and the flop comes KdJs7s, So all I really have is my overpair in a 4-way pot (I would probably go with a check-raise here if I had my flush draw, as LAG on the button is going to bet here a LOT of the time). In this case, I check thinking my hand is probably already no good and intending to fold.

Well, checked to button, he bets $18, and I fold it. I don't know about this fold, though. No one seems to like that board, and LAG could have almost anything. I'd give him credit for some pair or some kind of draw, but not much more. I don't feel like I have enough hand for a check-raise (although that does put him to the test), and I really hate just trying to call down OOP against a pretty wide variety of possible holdings. This is a case where I probably would have called with AA and even naked As with the intention of betting the pseudo-flush, as it doesn't look to me like anyone is terribly strong in this pot.
Aisthesis

Return to Omaha