[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
River bet (Stars PLO 50) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

River bet (Stars PLO 50)

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

River bet (Stars PLO 50)

Postby Aisthesis » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Aisthesis

Postby MBuckler » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:51 pm

i think i bet like 15-20 on the river and fold to a CR. your thinking about the hand is pretty spot on IMO
MBuckler

Postby Stoneburg » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:08 am

Stoneburg

Postby Aisthesis » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:50 am

Aisthesis

Postby MTPaid » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:57 pm

I completely agree with Stoney here. You'd be surprised with what they would call a flop raise with. Most straight draws, any set, and probably top 2 as well. Shit, I get called by overpairs or even just top pair with overs sometimes. I almost never slowplay or just call with anything less than KKxx when I flop top boat. It's usually not necessary.

Also, on the river, you have to remember that villain potted the flop into the field. I have trouble seeing him doing that with a 56 in his hand on a JT4 flop? Of course, that's another reason to raise the flop.

I'm just about always happy to get it in with top set on the flop if it's the current nuts. Rarely, someone will be the favorite over you and even then you're never really crushed, but most the time your the favorite anyway. A lot of them in the Stars $50 game are calling off stacks with AAxx still. I just had it happen to me tonight.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby Aisthesis » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:46 pm

The reason for the river bet is that 56 (or A5) is of course rare. But against someone who plays almost any 4 for a limp, it's definitely not unheard of, although not what he's betting the flop with.
Aisthesis

Return to Omaha