[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Who misplayed this hand? PLO50 - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Who misplayed this hand? PLO50

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

Who misplayed this hand? PLO50

Postby Semillon » Fri May 16, 2008 12:09 am

I am 1EyedMonk and have 44xx.
Semillon

Postby GodlikeRoy » Fri May 16, 2008 3:07 am

Domingo, Pavarotti, and..oh, the other guy
Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby briachek » Fri May 16, 2008 5:37 am

Brian [Js][9s]
Anyone who gets in a fair fight, has no tactical skills.
briachek
Semi Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby SCFanatiker » Fri May 16, 2008 8:53 am

SCFanatiker

Postby Kuso » Fri May 16, 2008 6:21 pm

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby MTPaid » Fri May 16, 2008 6:51 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby Chips->Middle » Thu May 22, 2008 7:08 am

I would have said ya both butchered your hands but the more I look at it, I'm not so sure. The way your opponent plays the hand, I suppose you are justified in reading him for a draw.

A) If the xx in the 44xx are genuinely not involved in this hand then I can't really see a way that it can be a playable pre-flop hand.

B) If the guy on 66 had re-raised the flop and you got all in on the flop it would have been a reminder of point A.

C) On the flop, your opponent either likes middle set or doesn't. I like middle set. I re-raise you. Other people don't like middle set and might lay it down. Not sure calling your flop raise is an option.

D) Your opponent calls your raise and then your turn bet but folds on the river. Presumably he can't get it out of his head that you might have QQ and the big river bet finally convinces him. This is something he should have decided on the flop. If he had, you would have just lost the maximum possible on a weak hand.

I'd have to say I dislike his play much more than yours. You were very aggressive which is good but can get you in trouble. This is one of the spots where it should have got you in trouble but your opponent screwed up. I kind of like the flop raise (although I don't think I'd have done it) cause it takes the pot down often and bottom set is crap. It lets you know where you are to a point. When he calls the raise on the flop he's showing some commitment to the hand but he might have draws so you are in a pretty awful spot and betting isn't bad. If I'm in your spot though, there isn't much could happen to make me feel good about my hand.

A lot of how well you played this hinges on whether you fold the flop if he re-raises you?

I'd have bet smaller on the river but in this particular spot that would probably have got a call and you'd have lost so, who knows.

If you are willing to bang out full pot bets like this on bottom set for all 3 streets against someone who obviously isn't going anywhere (although he did in the end), you should watch out for players smart enough to realise this. Calling down all 3 streets with middle set will make someone a lot of money if they know you will fire and keep firing.

I run into this problem frequently.
Chips->Middle

Return to Omaha