Advanced search

Raise #6 (PLO200)

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

Raise #6 (PLO200)

Postby Aisthesis » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:19 pm

I'm UTG with JdTs8h7d and raise max to $7 with $200 in chips (this is actually the hand that gave me the big stack in the first few AA hands, but it's after the other AA hand--better would have been putting these in chronological order, but I just took them as they came in pokertracker). 8-player game.

Pretty loose full-stack who seems kind of LAG-ish (don't have a detailed read on this guy just yet, more a general impression) calls in MP, as does $120 stack in SB and same LAG in BB, who has about $180.

This hand is super-easy to play, so it's almost a LC post, but I do want to track my raises with these things. The long and the short is that the flop comes KdQd9c. So, I have nut straight with decent diamond redraw.

LAG bets $12 at me into a pot of $28, presumably testing for possible AA (I hadn't shown any raising hands up to this point but had raised at least one AA and laid down). I raise pot to $62.60. Rather non-descript SB now (having checked) calls (hadn't seen him do much but it's looking like he may be more the loose-passive type), as does LAG in BB.

Turn pot is thus $216, and the turn is a brick (3h). Checked to me, I pot. SB calls, BB folds.

River is Jc, which I don't care for, but the betting is over. SB shows QQ54 for middle set with a little diamond draw (I guess his play wasn't all that bad, although I probably would have tried check-raising rather than check-calling with that hand on the flop), and I win.
Aisthesis

Return to Omaha