[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Harrington on Cash (2 Volumes) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Harrington on Cash (2 Volumes)

An area for members to post links and reviews. NO ADS

Moderators: Cactus Jack, TexasKowboy, LPF Police Department

Postby MTPaid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby Kuso » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:16 pm

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby SebQtaneus » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:11 am

Mekos King: Seb is now the way the truth and the light
Mekos King: as if we didnt know that already
SebQtaneus

Postby KJo » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:59 pm

I'm on page 100 of the first one. My TR so far:

He pretty much recommends things exactly the way I play. Given how bad I've been running this is encouraging to me. It's a solid, fairly tight approach so far, but I haven't gotten to the chapters where he delineates how to play different styles pre and post flop. So far, just the basic stuff. How advanced it gets I can't answer yet.

If someone is new to NL or switching from limit, I can already tell that these books would be a godsend. He's much more straightforward and easier to learn from than Sklansky, and it's much simpler to put Harrington's thoughts into practice. This appears to be the NL primer that everyone has been waiting years for.

Eli
KJo

Postby equus » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:54 am

"I'm not 100% in love with your tone right now."
Caveman
equus

Postby KJo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:27 pm

KJo

Postby Aisthesis » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:35 am

Go to Wal-Mart and buy a cheap watch with a second hand for $8. I did it for some PF decisions a while back and it really wasn't a problem. I always looked at the second hand before the hand began, and that was my decision-maker.

I don't know what decisions he's talking about here since I don't have the books yet, but I did finally conclude that one can also randomize without the randomizer. I eventually switched to what I thought was more "expectation based." To be specific, the decision I was randomizing was whether or not to raise SCs. If I felt like I was being perceived as a bit loose on raises, it was actually much more likely that I had a premium hand, if I felt like I was looking very tight, then I'd raise almost every SC.
Aisthesis

Postby equus » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:51 am

It's mostly preflop and on the flop...and when to raise SCs is one of them. He also says that we can't really randomize without it...we may think we can but we really can't. I don't really argue that part. But I'm almost certain that if I've been opening a lot lately because I've both been getting good hands and my watch has been telling me to with some marginal ones (Mickey says it's time to raise lol) that when I look at yet another marginal hand and I'm in EP and my watch says to raise that I'm just not gonna do it.

But I'm gonna dig into Vol II...this is really what I bought it for was turn and river play.
"I'm not 100% in love with your tone right now."
Caveman
equus

Postby Xaston » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:29 pm

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby Twelver » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:14 pm

Mekos King (10:21:59 PM): one of the first rules of manlaw
Mekos King (10:22:06 PM): is never ever try to suck backup to a bitch
Mekos King (10:22:09 PM): who caught u cheatin
Mekos King (10:22:23 PM): unless your married and would lose like money inna divorce
Mekos King (10:22:33 PM): then u suckup just long enuf to get close enough to killer obv

Heat517163 (5:05:37 PM): black people man
Heat517163 (5:05:40 PM): they travel in packs
Twelver

Postby excession » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:23 am

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:09 am

EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby SebQtaneus » Tue May 20, 2008 11:22 pm

Has anyone got a report on book 2 yet?
Mekos King: Seb is now the way the truth and the light