Moderators: iceman5, LPF Police Department

23o

Postby AlamedaMike » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:05 pm

God what a trash hand.

9 players (1 walking)
BB - $250
MP - $300 - LAG
stacks - $100 - $600.

Live NL$100-200 game. I am in the BB with none other than [2d] [3s] and I get a free look at the flop with 5 players. Pot a whopping $11.

The flop is [4d] [5d] [6s] - great I flopped a straight but the bottom end. :roll:

SB checks and

#1 my action?

Okay this is what I did. I overbet the pot to take the $11 - I bet $20.

The LAG raised me to $80 - :oops: does he have [7d] [8d] ? Not likely - either 2 pair or a set. Everyone else folded.

#2 My action should be?

In retrospect I should have pushed. But, I called - too passive.

Turn a [2c] now I have a 1 card straight - we split with a 3 - but he should not have a 3.

#3 My action should be?

I checked and he baby bet $30 and I called - he either has 2 pair or a bigger straight - if he had a bigger straight he would have bet more. I think 2 pair or set.

River [Qs] - blank - I am 95% sure I have the best hand. He will not call a bet now unless he really has a bigger straight.

it goes check, check and I win. He had [4c] [5c] - nice read but not that good of a play.

I won a nice pot for the bottom end of a straight. The player to my left whispered that I should have bet he Turn and the LAG would have folded.

Bob said - you flopped the straight, right? I said yes the bottom end. His expression said I was too passive with it - he said 'a straight is a straight'.

Comments?
Some days you are the bug and some days you are the windshield. :D
AlamedaMike

Return to No Limit Hold'em Cash Games