[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Flush draws - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Flush draws

The action game..

Moderators: Felonius_Monk, briachek, LPF Police Department

Flush draws

Postby Aisthesis » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:11 pm

I just wondered whether flush draws OOP aren't objectively actually a bit leaky.

Basically, my policy has bee this (and it has to have some kind of intangible equity to it as well): Ok, I have the nut flush draw OOP, and LP pots it. I'll see the turn in a small pot, even if it's HU--but not if it's already a big raised pot where I have to put in 1/4 of my stack.

The problem is the implied odds here. The only action you really get if you pot it on making the flush is from lower flushes--and that might already make it less than leaky depending on how often you get that.

But if you pot it on a turned nut flush, no one can possibly have odds to call. And if you miss on the turn and they pot, you can no longer call. I guess you can also get a strange caller trying to fill up, but I rarely run into that.

Anyhow, I guess you simply have to have the nut flush threat in there in your range of hands, but I do think straights and trips/boats are the more interesting Omaha situations--another cool thing about straights is that two players can have the same one (in contrast to flushes) and then it comes down to the freeroll aspect.
Aisthesis

Return to Omaha