[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Bad call? (Pokerstars $10 +1 FR) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Bad call? (Pokerstars $10 +1 FR)

All topics related to the mini tournaments

Moderators: Cactus Jack, LPF Police Department

Bad call? (Pokerstars $10 +1 FR)

Postby Bosox1 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:40 pm

What alternate lines would you take and why? Blinds 15/30. MP2 had been a little loose but nothing over the top.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) Converter Tool from (Format: Bet The Pot)

SB (t1730)
BB (t1470)
UTG (t1470)
UTG+1 (t1620)
MP1 (t2085)
MP2 (t1990)
Hero (t1660)
Button (t1475)

Preflop: Hero is CO with [Ac], [Qc].
3 folds, MP2 raises to t90, Hero calls t90, 2 folds, BB calls t60.

Flop: (t285) [Kc], [9d], [Tc] (3 players)
BB checks, MP2 bets t90, Hero raises to t300, BB folds, MP2 raises to t1900, Hero calls t1270 (All-In).

Turn: (t3755) [7d] (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t3755) [8c] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: t3755
"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Postby EscapePlan9 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Due to his late-position raise, I'd re-raise it pre-flop with AQ. If he shoves over the top pre-flop, give it up. If he just calls, you continuation bet or re-raise all-in depending on what he does (check or lead).

Why? Raises from later positions tend to be from wider ranges and you have a high likelihood of being ahead - plus AQ is a vulnerable hand and you want to dissuade others from joining in. You take control of the situation too.

And you have so many outs on the flop that after investing the pre-flop re-raise, you're betting again or getting all-in regardless.
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby Davega » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Davega

Postby GreaterThanU » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:55 am

<GreaterThanU> I hope I die
<EscPlan9> !eightball will GTU die soon?
<btpBot> EscPlan9: The outlook is good.
GreaterThanU

Postby rickjr82 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:07 am

i think you played it fine, and folding would be way to WT. I am working on increasing my 3 bet range in cash games lately, so i can definitely see 3 betting there as well.
I got my hair highlighted, because I felt some strands were more important that others.
-Mitch Hedberg
rickjr82

Postby Underground » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:24 am

With minimal reads, I fold this hand preflop about 75% of the time. IMO, re-raising AQ in L2 is pretty bad.

If I see a flop, I play it the same as you.
Underground

Postby Bosox1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:27 pm

Grr stupid Windows. I was about to hit submit on a decent length post and my computer shuts down.

Finer points:

- I just called preflop because I don't like to play big pots early in a SnG until I have a hand. People tend to pay you off.

- I think the call of his all in is the right play, just wanted to see if people agreed.

- he had AKos.

Thanks.
"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Postby chuckwhoolery » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:19 am

what did the other dude have?...Im not 3 betting this but if you dont get it in on the flop your nuts...pardon the pun
chuckwhoolery

Postby Bosox1 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:04 am

he had AK off suit.
Bosox1

Postby theFormula » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:21 am

theFormula

Postby theFormula » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:21 am

theFormula

Postby Bosox1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Bosox1

Return to Sit and Go's (SnGs)