[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Blind levels at homegame - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Blind levels at homegame

All topics related to the mini tournaments

Moderators: Cactus Jack, LPF Police Department

Blind levels at homegame

Postby Jossnaz » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:25 pm

Always bet on duke
Jossnaz

Postby MBuckler » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:27 am

MBuckler

Postby Jossnaz » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:48 am

thanks great advice

i think i'll follow the structure every 5 minutes :) this is drunk and stoned micro stakes homegame donkaments
Always bet on duke
Jossnaz

Postby starstealer » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:50 am

"How's life treatin' you Norm?"
"Like a baby treats a diaper."
starstealer

Postby MBuckler » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:02 pm

MBuckler

Postby emmasdad » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:26 pm

emmasdad

Postby tommyhawk » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:42 am

tommyhawk

Postby Marm » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:00 am

It's tough to set levels based on other peoples games. Use them for guidance, but you really need to tailor the game to your situation. A while back (that phrase is getting old for me, maybe I should start writing new essays again), i did some work on this. If you really really want, i could get the details out. But the gist of it is:

Inteded for setting up a game with an emphasis on skill, not just pushing and being a lucksack. A well structured game allows for more skill. A purely doubling setup quickly forces players all-in too quick IMO.

A well stacked game should start with 100 bets, or more even, a quicker game can do with 50. Figure out how you are going to distribute your chips and set your starting blinds from that. Not every body can hand out exactly 1500 chips to 7 players, etc.

A game is almost guaranteed to be over when there is only 20 bets TOTAL left in play. So figure out what that wold be, and set that as your last defined level (before you start outright doubling each level). Most games will probably end a level or two before this, so consider these last few levels as 'overtime'. (Having the option of having cash games going on the side is good for keeping people interested while the main game finishes before the next one starts)

Then figure out how many realistic levels you can have in between. Then figure out long you want the game to run, and how long you want each level to be. This is based on your pace of play. Try to get at least one full round in before the levels go up. Now find the happy medium that fits all your needs. Print up a blind schedule and stick to it.

I frequently use a tournament clock/scheduler on my laptop when I play. betcha google can find some good free ones. Got mine from there.

My original posthad much more math in it, but thats the general idea.
"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Postby Marm » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:02 am

Try this: http://www.homepokertourney.com/clocks.htm

I have a great one that is free, but forgot what it was called, and my Laptop HDD is frozen, so I can't dig it up right now.
"Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack." -Adam Morrow

I swear to God, next time I have to come back here, I'm bringing a stun gun and a weedwacker!
Marm

Return to Sit and Go's (SnGs)