[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
check/fold this turn? (Stars $10+1 FR) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

check/fold this turn? (Stars $10+1 FR)

All topics related to the mini tournaments

Moderators: Cactus Jack, LPF Police Department

check/fold this turn? (Stars $10+1 FR)

Postby Bosox1 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:52 am

15/30 blind level, 8 players left. I was 3rd in chips with about 1600. Villian (seemed like your avg TAG thusfar) had me slightly covered and was 2nd in chips.

I was on the BB with [7s] [6s] . Folds to button who makes $120. SB folds to me. I call.

flop ($255) was [4s] [6h] [Qd]

I check, he bets $125. Seems like a BS CB to me so I raise him up to $450. He calls. The turn was [Kd]

What is the play here?
"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Postby EscapePlan9 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Pretty loose call pre-flop. With position it wouldn't be so bad, and this is a perfect example of why.

I fold this pre-flop and check-fold this flop. With MTTs I wouldn't mind playing these types of pots, but SNGs demand tighter play earlier on due to the difference in payout structure. The chips you risk are worth more than the chips you may gain here from winning.

As played, check-fold turn. There's so few hands you're ahead of given the action thus far, you don't have many hands on him, and really don't know where you are in this hand. You've risked nearly a 3rd of your stack on this marginal hand.
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby Sunbob » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 pm

I don't mind the call pre-flop if he has been raising your BB and you need to take a stand. But the flop didn't hit you hard enough to continue, especially since you are out of position.

I love playing a 76s type hand against a raiser early - but only when I have position.

As played - he is telling you with his PFR that he has some kind of paint and on the turn you now have 2 cards in his playing zone with very little room for improvement on the river for your hand. Lay it down and hope that you bought some respect for the folowing orbits.
Sunbob
A poker tournament is a test of your skill versus your opponents luck.
Sunbob
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Beavis68 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:35 pm

Beavis68

Postby Bosox1 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:18 am

"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Return to Sit and Go's (SnGs)