[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
just curious about this guys call here - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

just curious about this guys call here

All topics related to the mini tournaments

Moderators: Cactus Jack, LPF Police Department

just curious about this guys call here

Postby 45 Shooter » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:34 am

Only reason I ask is the whole table made fun of the guy and he went NUTS about how it was the right call because I was Short..

I was the tightest one at the table.... and hadnt pushed a single hand until this one

so was this call Right or not?

I think I know the answer....

FullTiltPoker $10 + $1 Sit & Go No Limit Holdem
Seat 1: (3,077)
Seat 5: (5,028)
Seat 6: Hero (1,825)
Seat 7: (3,570)

Seat 5: posts the small blind of 80
Hero posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO Ac, Ks
Seat 7 folds
Seat 1 raises to 560
Seat 5: folds
HERO raises to 1,825, and is all in
Seat 1 calls 1,265
HERO shows Ac, Ks
Seat 1 shows 7h Th
*** FLOP *** Jh 3h 2c
*** TURN *** Jh 3h 2c 8c
*** RIVER *** Jh 3h 2c 8c 5d
Seat 7: major lol at 10 7
HERO shows Ace King high
Seat 1 shows Jack Ten high
HERO wins the pot (3,730) with Ace King high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,730 | Rake 0
Board: Jh 3h 2c 8c 5d
Seat 1: (button) showed [7h Th] and lost with Jack Ten high
Seat 5: (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: HERO (big blind) showed [Ac Ks] and won (3,730) with Ace King high
Seat 7: didn't bet (folded)
45 Shooter

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:01 am

He played his hand pretty horribly from the start.

If he's gonna steal pre-flop, that's fine with some read the blinds are playing tight. But you don't need to raise more than 480. And I don't think he has the odds to make this call with T7. The problem with T7 here is although he's only slightly behind broadway (like AK), he's far behind 77+ which also makes up a good portion of the shoving range. It isn't worth risking half your stack here. Let the "shorty" (you had 11x BB so you weren't that short anyways) take the pot and tighten up.

You played AK perfectly there obviously.
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby GreaterThanU » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:05 am

His call isn't terrible. Although for his call to be profitable you have to have a hand that doesn't have him dominated. Based off pot odds he's supposed to call if he's positive you have 66 or below or an unpaired hand that doesn't have a T or 7. (I think...I'm not a math guy)

As far as whether or not he should call is more about his willingness to gamble. If he folds he still has 15 BBs which is not horrible shape. I think a call or not is more about preference here. If he wants to gamble, go. If not, work with 15 BBs. Also you said you were the tightest player at the table. He has to be sure you don't have him dominated (which...he can't be sure of so he's really just making a guess).

So...I don't know...I think the math is right...but his read has to be right as well. I probably don't make the raise to begin with but that's just me.

*waiting for EP9 to correct me cause I'm dumb*

Edit: Nevermind...EP9 makes posts faster than me.
<GreaterThanU> I hope I die
<EscPlan9> !eightball will GTU die soon?
<btpBot> EscPlan9: The outlook is good.
GreaterThanU

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:29 am

EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby 45 Shooter » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:24 pm

Thanks

I though the same thing Escape did.

Simply put you dont call an all in reraise from the blinds when:

1. Its the tightest person at the table.
2. it takes 2/3 of your stack to do it.
3. when you have T7

and you definately dont do it when all three of those are true.

UNLESS

your just a donkey.

Thanks guys

Oh the guy came back, he pushed every single hand for 2 revolutions,
calmed down a little... then he pushed KK and Ran into AJ
who called most likey because he had been pushing every other hand.

Ace floped and he went completely balistic.....

"Why would you call an all in with AJ, Dont you know your dominated most of the time"

I LOL so hard I spit coke all over the monitor

the IRONY

Thanks again

45[/quote]
45 Shooter

Postby Beavis68 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Beavis68

Return to Sit and Go's (SnGs)