[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
65 suited 3 handed $109 SNG - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

65 suited 3 handed $109 SNG

All topics related to the mini tournaments

Moderators: Cactus Jack, LPF Police Department

65 suited 3 handed $109 SNG

Postby GreaterThanU » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:49 am

My friend had a pretty common situation that he asked me and another friend about. We couldn't agree on an answer so I decided to post it here.

Blinds: 75/150
Button: 7150
SB: 4625
BB(my friend): 1725

Button has been pretty aggressive since he's the big stack. He raises the button to 450. The SB calls. My friend has 65 suited in the BB. As played:

Dealt to agtcool [6s 5s]
opalocka305: raises 300 to 450
flamingzebra: calls 375
agtcool: calls 300
*** FLOP *** [Th 9s Ac]
flamingzebra: checks
agtcool: checks
opalocka305: checks
*** TURN *** [Th 9s Ac] [Ks]
flamingzebra: bets 450
agtcool: calls 450
opalocka305: folds
*** RIVER *** [Th 9s Ac Ks] [4c]
flamingzebra: bets 1775 and is all-in
agtcool: folds
flamingzebra collected 2250 from pot

The reason he smooth called the turn is because the guy was likely to call an all-in there and even on the river is he hits the flush. This way he saves chips and still has a little bit of a chance.

After the hand he asked me and our other friend. Our other friend said to just fold pre-flop as you're probably going to get called and folding is safer. Also he doesn't think the button is folding any hand as he was pretty loose. I said to shove pre-flop. My reasoning being that it's likely one of them folds if not both. If one calls we're probably not dominated and we're probably 40%. If both call we're probably still not in horrible shape but if we win we're in a good shape to win. We have to double to get to HU anyway.

so...fold/shove/call/tl:dr?
<GreaterThanU> I hope I die
<EscPlan9> !eightball will GTU die soon?
<btpBot> EscPlan9: The outlook is good.
GreaterThanU

Postby geiststaat » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:43 pm

I'd want a better read on both players before making a decision.

BTN: loose raising range now with big stack. Okay, but is he backing off on flops, folding if someone comes over the top preflop, aside from raising more, what else is he doing?

SB: is this guy a trappy player, straightforward player, calling station?

Depending on reads I would say the decision is either fold/shove; I don't like calling in this spot at all.
"A big day in my career was the day I realized that tomorrow I would still be a tilter." -- Tommy Angelo
geiststaat

Postby Underground » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:30 pm

This is a pretty easy fold preflop for me unless I think there is a reasonable chance a shove will win the pot. Pretty read dependent. I would never call preflop.
Underground

Postby GodlikeRoy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:02 am

Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby Beavis68 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Beavis68

Postby GreaterThanU » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:40 pm

So taking a chance with 65 suited when we have to double up to do anything is bad? SB just called so I'm guessing against his range he isn't calling. Button might call with a lot of hands...but I don't see why we can't take a 40-60 with a little dead money in the pot when we need to double up.

Obv callin is bad...I know that...this wasn't my hand and my friend who played the hand said after that callin was bad...but he thinks shovin is a better play now. We're only in bad shape if they have a PP higher then 55...I don't think they're callin A5 or A6 or 67 or 75 or somethin like that...I think it's a good opportunity to gamble since we might just win the pot outright and we're likely not fucked if they call. Obv you can make a case for foldin, I suppose my question is...is shovin that bad?
<GreaterThanU> I hope I die
<EscPlan9> !eightball will GTU die soon?
<btpBot> EscPlan9: The outlook is good.
GreaterThanU

Postby Bosox1 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:12 pm

"No, 'The stripper's bouncer beat the shit out of me' is not an acceptable answer"
Bosox1

Postby Underground » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:01 pm

Underground

Return to Sit and Go's (SnGs)