[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
From $1 to... $20000 - trying to rebuild a bankroll... - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

From $1 to... $20000 - trying to rebuild a bankroll...

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby NorthView » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:24 am

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby JimmyJet » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:38 pm

Mekos King (11:56:46 AM): LOL@NVobv
Mekos King (11:57:02 AM): circumstances are all conspiring perfectly
Mekos King (11:57:07 AM): to get ole NV to snuffit
Mekos King (11:57:14 AM): but the salty old tsr just refuses to
Mekos King (11:57:26 AM): goot thing guns are illegal id say
JimmyJet

Postby Semillon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Semillon

Postby dropthe72 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:53 am

how's the roll looking sem?
“Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another.” - broseph manny
dropthe72

Postby JimmyJet » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:00 am

Sem, you sat down at a couple of my tables last night and one of them you posted OOP.

The BTP Police have been notified.
JimmyJet

Postby Semillon » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:56 am

Semillon

Postby Danhdan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:45 pm

"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby JimmyJet » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:51 am

JimmyJet

Postby Semillon » Wed May 07, 2008 5:21 pm

Ok its been a while since I updated, so here is a summary of the last couple of months poker wise.

Firstly until last week I had not played a great deal, moving house is time consuming and work has also been flat out over this period. The hours that I was putting in during that time were poor - I was being hyper aggressive, making donk calls when I knew I was behind and all that jazz, basically I almost went busto - at one point my BR was back down to $40.

However I have found my poker groove once again and am back playing NL100 - it took roughly 15hours to get my roll from $40 to $1000 using a very aggressive bankroll management strategy. Basically I would play 4 tables at a time, with at least one buyin in reserve for the current limit, so with a roll of $250 I was playing NL50. I played a conservative (ie low variance) style and quickly got things in order poker wise.

I gave up playing on Pacific, even though the players are terrible I just prefer the feel of the games at Cake, also I dislike playing with a HUD and do not wish to be at a disadvantage to the multi table griders on Pacific.

Over the weekend I was actually back to a BR of $2500, however a quick smacking around at NL200 via a series of pretty sick beats and coolers meant I dropped back down to NL100 for a while - its comfortable and I make a good profit 6 tabling.

I bought a new PC this week which cost roughly $1000, I told the misses I would pull the money out of my bankroll within 2 weeks, so I have a mission to run it up past $3k in that time so I can comfortably continue to play NL100/200.

Playing NL10 again was humbling but I feel really good about poker again - getting back to NL100 so fast feels goot.

Current Bankroll: $1800
Cashed Out Profits: $21100
Semillon

Postby Cooper » Thu May 08, 2008 12:54 am

Journal at:
Cooper

Postby Semillon » Thu May 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Semillon

Postby Semillon » Sun May 11, 2008 7:46 pm

5 days since my last update and I have managed to grind out approx $800, mostly playing NL100.

I think the best approach on cake is to really tighten up preflop, even on the button as there are a lot of LAG style players who are good enough to make life difficult postflop but who don't seem to know when to back off (sound familiar? this was me a couple of months back).

When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

I have another 5 days or so to get my bankroll up past $3k so I can comfortably cash out enough to pay for my new PC.

Current Bankroll: $2600
Semillon

Postby Semillon » Mon May 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Seriously, fuck poker.

Current Bankroll: $1200
Semillon

Postby iceman5 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:02 pm

iceman5 [As]
iceman5
Semi Pro (Online)