[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Its a wrap. - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Its a wrap.

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby excession » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:27 am

excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby emmasdad » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:17 am

More controlled day today. Finished down about $25, but cleared $430 in bonuses between Paradise, PokerRoom, and Interpoker. Still have bonii working at all three sites too. Was pretty card dead all day, but glad to get the minor tilt session from yesterday under control. Played the $20+2 shootout at Party. Was chip leader in first round with 4 players left and finished 4th. :evil: Ran a boat into quads and was finished off by the same guy when I pushed AJo and he called with AK and flopped trip kings.

I think I'll be playing more 7CS this weekend. And maybe a few MTTs. I finally got around to buying HoH 1 and 2. I figure I have been making the money in a few MTTs lately but not getting very deep ITM. That, and my library just didn't look complete without the books.

Got a date at the zoo tomorrow. Emma loves the big cats.

Mostly gave up on using pronouns and indefinite articles today. Useless parts of grammer anyway.
emmasdad

Postby emmasdad » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:22 pm

So on the topic of 7CS. I went back to reread Sklansky's 7CS FAP (the latest edition). In the section on loose games beginning on p.134, he describes the exact strategy that I have been using in these loooose passive games. Limping with hands that you would otherwise raise with in a standard game (i.e. K7K 2 suited), when your raise will not thin the field, is the preferred play. This gives your opponents more opportunity to make mistakes on later streets, instead of giving them proper odds to draw. It also lets you get away cheaply when opponents get scare cards and wake up betting. It has been working quite well for me.

Off to the zoo. Emma loves the big cats.
emmasdad

Postby emmasdad » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:54 am

The zoo was, well, the zoo. Animals in enclosures that look like they want to be somewhere else. Except for the chimps. They look like the have alot of fun.

Change of plan on the poker front tonight. Emmasmom thought that I deserved an evening out of the house, since our plans for tonight were shot to hell (o.k., the Bud Shootout rained out and will be ran on Sunday - I mean later today, as it is nearly 3 am). So, I headed down to the B&M for some socializing with people that have a vocabulary that consists of more words that kitty, doggie, daddy, mommy and no. In the case of some of the players at the B&M, they have a substantially greater vocabulary, others, maybe not so much.

So I sit down at a 3/6 half kill game. I spin my wheels for a couple of hours, going down about a hundred by running TPTK into a flopped set, two pair getting flushed on the river - the usual. Then I get moved by the must move to the main game. Wow. The deck ran right over me. I crushed that game. The table was the usual looooose, with a couple of LAGs. There were a dozen times in six hours that 7 people saw a capped flop. Live stradles were not uncommon. I developed a tight table image early, showed a monster bluff, and got paid off on my monsters. I couldn't do anything wrong.

Six hours fifteen minutes. 3/6 half kill. After tippping the dealer as appropriate and the coffee guy (who was working on his birthday, so extra tips were in order) and a bowl of war wonton soup, up $492.

Life is good.
emmasdad

Postby emmasdad » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:06 pm

emmasdad

Postby emmasdad » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:53 am

I played for about an hour yesterday on PokerRoom. 3-tabling 1/2 LHE, up $55. I have played some 7CS, but am having issues concentrating. I blame the NyQuil.

Thought that I would post this little gem. Villian is 44 VPIP, 0 PFR and 0.8AF over 150 hands. Here is an example of how not to play AA (which I am pretty sure that he had, even though hole cards remain hidden in the HH. A3 is also possible. He must have felt VERY confident in his hand to 3-bet the turn, then raise the river. He is 87%W$SD, and has never 3-bet anything else over those 150 hands. If he has KK I am paying him off.). Trapping SB for a turn bet worked too.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
9 players

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with [Js] [Jc]
Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: [3d] [3c] [Jd] (12SB, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: [6s] (9BB, 3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, SB calls, Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets, SB folds, Hero Caps, UTG+1 calls.

River: [Ks] (18BB, 2 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 24BB
Hero has JSJC

I will finish my bonuses at Paradise and PokerRoom (left over from the Superbowl) and hit up the Empire reload. More low limit LHE on tap.
emmasdad

Postby emmasdad » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:42 am

emmasdad

Postby Xaston » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:18 pm

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby emmasdad » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:24 pm

emmasdad

Postby emmasdad » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:43 am

emmasdad

Postby emmasdad » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:22 pm

Ok, its official. I lost $104 chasing the Pokerroom $100 bonus. That even though I had two royal flushes in the last two days there, one beating quad AAAA. I can only think of 4bb that I donked off when I refused to lay down a set of QQ to an obvious straight, and of course the bet that I missed on the first royal that MVP so eloquently pointed out. The rest was just a bad run. I think that I am done with that place for a while. I hit that JP hand at my trusted party bad beat tables I am about $25k richer. I e-mailed to ask Pokerroom to at least consider a bad beat JP like B2B or Crypto. Small, but would have been nice anyways. Not even a royal flush bonus. WTF?

Now to start on the empire reload. But tonight, my wife is having girls night here so I am off once again to the B&M. Hopefully another 5 rack rush is on tap.
Last edited by emmasdad on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emmasdad

Postby MVPSPORTS » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:31 pm

Wait dood... how the crap is your BR 4k if you hit a 25k bad beat jackpot???
MVPSPORTS

Postby Kuso » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:36 pm

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby MVPSPORTS » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:10 pm

MVPSPORTS

Postby emmasdad » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:03 pm

emmasdad

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals