[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
A nit's journal - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

A nit's journal

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

A nit's journal

Postby showmethegreen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:44 am

Well this journal has been a long time in the making, I kept putting it off for one reason or another but here it goes....

A little about me... I'm 25 from Nothern Ireland and have been playing poker for over a year now, I was playing for fun at first then I realised how much money people were making so I decided to study the game and now im hooked :O

I won like $1000+ whoring BJ bonuses before I started playing poker so I've used that money to play. I deposited like $900 or so in several poker sites and still being a donk I ran that down to $140 which is when I decided to keep my head down, tighten up and nut peddle more or less. Now im at 100nl with a 2k+ BR. I've went from 10nl ($140) to 100nl (2k+) in about 55k hands or so with a little help from RB+bonuses.

I've a few hands im going to post from my past sessions where I was in some spots I was unsure of and I know im a weak tight in some spots but hopefully this journal will help me with that.

First hand the he was playing tight from what I can remember and I was unsure what the best move on the turn would be?

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at

Stacks:
UTG ($99.17)
UTG+1 ($125.88)
CO ($42.70)
BTN ($24.67)
Hero ($99.00)
BB ($96.70)

Pre-flop: ($1.5, 6 players) Hero is SB [Ts][Th]
UTG calls $1, 3 folds, Hero raises to $6, BB calls $5, UTG folds

Flop: [2s][3c][5s] ($13, 2 players)
Hero bets $9.5, BB calls $9.5

Turn: [Js] ($32, 2 players)

Final Pot: $32

One more hand for now...villan was a lag over a small sample (30 hands or so) but this is at pacific where most poeple are donks. What's the best line to take since im OOP?

$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
5 players
Converted at

Stacks:
UTG ($101.00)
Hero ($101.50)
BTN ($101.30)
SB ($99.00)
BB ($138.62)

Pre-flop: ($1.5, 5 players) Hero is CO [9d][Td]
1 fold, Hero raises to $4, 2 folds, BB calls $3

Flop: [Qd][Ac][8d] ($8.5, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $7.5, BB raises to $15, Hero calls $7.5

Turn: [8c] ($38.5, 2 players)
BB bets $6

Final Pot: $44.5
showmethegreen

Postby showmethegreen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:30 pm

I had intended on playing most of yesterday but wasn't feeling the best after a night of drinking. Instead I lay on the sofa most of the day and watched the match (Manchester United vs Middlesbrough) Damn Middlesbrough put up a good fight and were the better side but it ended 2-2 so can't really complain, so now onto poker...

I was feeling a bit better around 10pm or so so i fired up 3 tables for around 90 mins or so. It seems if I play 4 tables (which is all I can fit on my monitor without overlap) Pacific starts to go funny, a table would blank out and by the time I would get it back I have timed out so 3 tables will do until I get a new system/monitor.

I have hardly flopped any sets in my last 7k hands so when I flopped top set and I get overbet shoved on obviously im over the moon :D this happend on saturday.

http://weaktight.com/154741

Last nights session didn't go to well it just continued on from my previous sessions, Being forced to fold after I raise preflop and miss the flop, getting outdrawn on etc etc.

My biggest loss was about 40bb when I raise several limpers OTB with AKo and the flop comes A78cc and they check to me and I c-bet about 20 and they all fold apart from a 40bb shortie who shoves the rest in and rivers a club (he had K9s and limped/called UTG) I had several 20bb's losses and my biggest win was 19bb's so I ended the session down 1.5 buyins.
showmethegreen

Postby tommyhawk » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:13 pm

tommyhawk

Postby NorthView » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:30 am

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby JimmyJet » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:11 am

Mekos King (11:56:46 AM): LOL@NVobv
Mekos King (11:57:02 AM): circumstances are all conspiring perfectly
Mekos King (11:57:07 AM): to get ole NV to snuffit
Mekos King (11:57:14 AM): but the salty old tsr just refuses to
Mekos King (11:57:26 AM): goot thing guns are illegal id say
JimmyJet

Postby NorthView » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:32 am

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby RedBarracuda » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:28 pm

Hey.. I know you!

welcome..
(6:35:48 PM) giantgrwth: I once beat up an attempted murderer, 25% true story
(6:35:59 PM) hard2tel45s: boxing?
(6:36:06 PM) giantgrwth: Yea
(6:36:14 PM) hard2tel45s: sweet
(6:36:30 PM) giantgrwth: He was my best friend too, lol
(6:36:48 PM) hard2tel45s: well u were in the crazy bin bro
RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby showmethegreen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:45 pm

showmethegreen

Postby Pok 7's » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:04 pm

What's involved in getting some Guinness shipped to the states?

Anyone who's been to Ireland says that Guinness there tastes better than here.... I want to do a taste test.
Pok 7's

Postby JimmyJet » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Mekos King (11:56:46 AM): LOL@NVobv
Mekos King (11:57:02 AM): circumstances are all conspiring perfectly
Mekos King (11:57:07 AM): to get ole NV to snuffit
Mekos King (11:57:14 AM): but the salty old tsr just refuses to
Mekos King (11:57:26 AM): goot thing guns are illegal id say
JimmyJet

Postby showmethegreen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:47 am

showmethegreen

Postby Danhdan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:23 am

Hand #1: I hate the check on the river. Passive postflop and you checked there is bad...I would rather get it in on the turn or shove the river. I just don't want to give the passive player a chance to check behind there. Of course, the min-raise on the turn almost guarentees full commitment to a showdown.
Hand #3: $40 on the river. Please fire this river 100% of the time...LP's will call down with any Ace there/two pair, and be betting/raising made flushes at some point in the hand.
I like how you played Hand 5 and 6. Hand 6 seems like a pretty obvious ten unless you have a read.

You either have excellent table selection or are playing at a site where good play is not encouraged...either way that means big money for you. Hope it continues.
"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby showmethegreen » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:13 pm

showmethegreen

Postby Danhdan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:18 pm

"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby Pok 7's » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Pok 7's

Next

Return to Member Journals