[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
NSFW-EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9-NSFW - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

NSFW-EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9EP9-NSFW

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby NorthView » Fri May 02, 2008 11:02 am

Paging the Indian Defamation League...
Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:34 am

EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:20 am

He responded telling me more about his situation, saying he's going to school in a couple months. He also mentioned he's never read any of the 2p2 books, 2p2 forums (stickies are priceless), etc but "knows the basic strategies of the game". He asks me his expected winrate. I gave him a long winded response on all that goes into winrate and essentially told him my final recommendation:

Get a job of some sort. Use the money earned and your free time to invest in the resources I mentioned and actively study them. That's the best way to start making money at poker.

Man, I'm fuggin hungry. Oh, and MK is a noob.

Mekos King (5:20:20 AM): uhm
Mekos King (5:20:24 AM): well i dled a zipfile
Mekos King (5:20:31 AM): and i needa unzip
EscapePlan9 (5:20:40 AM): k...
EscapePlan9 (5:20:49 AM): so download winrar or 7zip and use those
EscapePlan9 (5:20:59 AM): winrar u just have to click through whatever
EscapePlan9 (5:21:08 AM): shareware crap
Mekos King (5:21:26 AM): ah ok
Mekos King (5:21:33 AM): winrar pwns zipfiles
Mekos King (5:21:37 AM): as well as .rar files
EscapePlan9 (5:21:39 AM): indeed
Mekos King (5:21:42 AM): tite
EscapePlan9 (5:21:43 AM): and like a dozen other formats
Mekos King (5:21:46 AM): GGwinzip heebz
EscapePlan9 (5:21:51 AM): yep
EscapePlan9 (5:21:56 AM): winzip is so 2002

He says Winrar/Winzip has changed to making you pay after trial or something, instead of just clicking through some screen? Wut? I dunno, I've been using a pirated version of WinRar anyways.
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby NorthView » Sat May 03, 2008 11:49 am

Seriously, fuck poker.

NorthView

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sat May 03, 2008 4:16 pm

8k hand update

15ptbb/100 still!! Kicking some ass! As I've been telling MK, I might as well just be referring to my winrate as buy-ins won per hour, lulz.

Poker Bankroll: $1133
Bonus Cleared: 347 / 2000 (17%)
Bonus Expires: 89 days
Last edited by EscapePlan9 on Sat May 03, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Work pictures!

Part of my desk. Notice my anti-static mat (comes with anti-static wrist strap), Cisco VoIP phone, and framed A+ Certification.

Part of our general workbench. We hook up to 8 computers here simultaneously. Imaging and syspreppin some laptop for an associate here.

My personal workbench - sysprepping two computers to put into a training room later.
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby NorthView » Sun May 04, 2008 6:50 am

Seriously, fuck poker.

NorthView

Postby EscapePlan9 » Thu May 08, 2008 6:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9PqjMSNfkU
Watchin this always makes me want to get high again...
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sat May 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Played a few more hours of DNGs for the hell of it and to quickly clear the bonus. Well, it clears at about the same rate as NL25. Soon I'll be moving up to NL50 which should make bonus clearing significantly quicker than DNGs.

Poker Bankroll: $1192
Bonus Cleared: 569/2000 (28%)

There's a few things I want to invest in soon:

* Decent guitar (~$500?)
* Guitar lessons (~$30/lesson?)
* Xbox360 and Xbox Live (~$500?)
* Guitar Hero 3, SSF2T (~$100?)

However I'm still in debt $4200 (on my CC) and paying off student loans ($50/month for eternity or something) and my car loan ($174/month for another 3.5 years). All of those are "debt" really.

Earlier today I was in philanthropist mood and started donating - $25 to Bitsoup for being the best Bittorrent site, and $50 to Unicef for disaster relief.
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sat May 10, 2008 10:54 pm

Played my first set of NL50, 3-tabling to get used to the different bet amounts. 6-tabling after I pick it up. Not good results though - ran pretty bad overall. 4-bet with KK, guy calls with 99, flops a 9 and we both get all-in. MHNG. Dropped $125 in the hour. At least the bonus clears a LOT quicker here - nearly 3x as quicker. However, since I dropped $125 there, I'm also going back down to NL25 til I'm back up to about $1200 bankroll.

Poker Bankroll: $1066
Bonus Cleared: 638/2000 (32%)

I played pretty risky, but was confident with my play. I three barreled 4 times with nothing or a very weak hand and only got caught once. The biggest loss was that KK hand where I dropped $62. The guy had been 3-betting me a couple times before as well. He's pretty lag-tarded, like min-raising with an OESD, and then calling an all-in shove with it for his whole stack. I had overcards and a flush draw, so we split with A-high in the end.

Bah whatever. Time to play some nintendo...
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:32 pm

I watched Rounders again today. Hadn't seen it in about a year. Still an awesome movie! It even inspired me to get back to some grinding today.

But as usual the inspiration wears off after some coolers - still made $23 in like 40 mins of NL25. Then played an hour of 16-table $6.5 DNG turbos and profitted $44.

Poker Bankroll: $1133
Bonus Cleared: 725/2000 (36%)

And after scouring Froogle and Ebay, I found out I WAY over-estimated the XBox360 prices. For a total of like $500 I can get XBox360 (used, but good seller), Xbox live for 12 months, Guitar Hero 3, Virtua Fighter 5, Ridge Racer 6, and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD. Next Friday I may put my monies in for those!
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby EscapePlan9 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:31 pm

Too hot to pass up on sharing...
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby emmasdad » Sun May 11, 2008 7:46 pm

emmasdad

Postby EscapePlan9 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:00 pm

EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

Postby EscapePlan9 » Tue May 13, 2008 6:41 pm

People actually give me props for my shirt at work :) I love casual atmosphere jobs - especially when they appreciate nerds like me.
EscapePlan9
Professional Donk-n-Go'r

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals