[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Starting again at 10NL - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Starting again at 10NL

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby excession » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:59 am

There isn't anything wrong in raising all pairs from all positions first in, but you don't have to. It is standard CardRunner semi-LAG style advice but there are plenty of other ways to play (and CR style is most certainly not optimal on the micro-tables tables IMHO as even some of the pros on that site admit)

I certainly don't even now and to do so is going to put you in positions (OOP in raised pots with an underpair to the flop vs aggressive players and/or calling stations) that are some of the hardest in poker. If you are trying to change yoru game so radically it is very likely to cost you alot of BB thru worng decisions or tilt before you get the hang of it.

At low stakes NL 6 max, nitty is fine as so many players just can't get away from TP any kicker at these stakes.
excession
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby lowiekators » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:31 am

lowiekators

Postby JimmyJet » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:52 pm

JimmyJet

Postby lowiekators » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:59 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Jimmy. But don't worry, I will keep trying to move up to 25NL whenever my BR allows me, and will move down again when my BR drops below $500.

I had a session last night and another one tonight, in total I played about 4K hands. Yesterdays session was allmost break-even: the money I made I lost again to bad beats & just running bad. BUT... tonights session was the complete opposite: I was running very hot. Got AA vs KK, most draws against me didn't hit and so on. I LOVE POKER! Bankroll is above $600 again, so I'll start up a table of 25NL next session.

Here's a situation I'm having problems with: I hit the flop, but I am in EP and 2-3 people call. What to do when scare cards show up? I usually check/fold (or call if the bet is small enough), but this offcourse encourages the caller(s) to bluff you out of the pot. I was thinking about betting less (1/2 pot?), but probably my opponents will recognize this as weakness as well (I usually/allways bet pot size). A "regular" bet makes me committed or even all-in when there's two or three callers. Hands below as an example:

EverestPoker Game #2323376168: Table Roseau-35 - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:04:43 - 2007/11/05
Seat 2: master_d ($8.05)
Seat 3: Hero ($26.86)
Seat 4: cartania ($10.00)
Seat 5: JKode ($10.59)
Seat 6: gunshen77 ($5.91)
Hero posts the small blind of $0.05
cartania posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ah] [Kh]
JKode calls $0.10
gunshen77 folds
master_d calls $0.10
Hero raises to $0.50
cartania folds
JKode calls $0.40
master_d calls $0.40
*** FLOP *** [Kc] [8s] [Js]

I hit the flop so I bet.

Hero bets $1.60
JKode calls $1.60
master_d calls $1.60
*** TURN *** [Tc]

Hmm big 3-way pot and I think possible hands from opponents are Q9, 79 or JT
I check to see what happens.

Hero checks
JKode checks
master_d checks
*** RIVER *** [9d]

Damn. This 9 makes a straight very possible.
So check again, allthough I'm giving away here I'm scared.

Hero checks
JKode bets $6.40
master_d folds
Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $6.40 returned to JKode
*** SHOW DOWN ***
JKode shows [Td] [Qc]
*** SUMMARY ***
Board: [Kc] [8s] [Js] [Tc] [9d]
JKode collects $6.08

EverestPoker Game #2323082172: Table Roseau-80 - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:16:32 - 2007/11/05
Seat 1: LunaticJ ($8.02)
Seat 2: Talen78 ($7.65)
Seat 3: kadik ($8.48)
Seat 4: berni111 ($8.28)
Seat 5: Hero ($13.60)
berni111 posts the small blind of $0.05
Hero posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ks] [4h]
LunaticJ folds
Talen78 calls $0.10
kadik calls $0.10
berni111 calls $0.05
Hero checks
*** FLOP *** [4c] [Kh] [6s]

Wooohooo, nice flop. I hope someone calls with TPGK

berni111 checks
Hero bets $0.40
Talen78 folds
kadik calls $0.40
berni111 folds
*** TURN *** [9s]

Still nothing to worry about

Hero bets $1.20
kadik calls $1.20
*** RIVER *** [6h]

Hmm... since the board paired I'll lose from anyone with a K and a kicker above 9.
So check and show my opponents I'm scared.

Hero checks
kadik bets $6.78 and is all-in
Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $6.78 returned to kadik
*** SHOW DOWN ***
kadik shows [5s] [7d]
*** SUMMARY ***
Board: [4c] [Kh] [6s] [9s] [6h]
kadik collects $3.42

lowiekators

Postby MBuckler » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:39 pm

move up
MBuckler

Postby JimmyJet » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:14 am

JimmyJet

Postby MBuckler » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:09 am

MBuckler

Postby lowiekators » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:19 pm

lowiekators

Postby MBuckler » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:28 pm

stick with it.

you're seriously rolled for $25NL tho. drop the $10's as soon as you get comfortable at the $25s
MBuckler

Postby lowiekators » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:54 pm

I havent played much the last couple of days, but today I had a long session. Since I was up to $700 I completely moved up to 25NL. Somehow I don't seem to be able to win at 25NL, I keep running bad. I'm back down to $620 because I lost 5 full stacks in 10 minutes (was a favorite when most of the money went in for all hands), and I was running very bad during the entire session.

I know what you're thinking: maybe you are just not good enough for 25NL. Well, I'm starting to have doubts myself, but when I analyse my big losses in PT & PokerEV I feel confident it's just bad luck.

- The set-o-meter indicates I have flopped far fewer flops than I should have
- my sets keep running into higher sets, straight and flush draws that hit EVERYTIME: I lost 6 out of 7 sets last session
- My draws don't hit
- People keep improving on the river while I am far ahead when most of the money went in.
- PokerEV all-in stats show I should have won $150 more than I did (80 of that 150 from last 50 hands played :x )

I'm not sure what to do now, but I think I'll move down to 10NL for a while. Not because I feel I can't beat 25NL, but because running bad at 25NL is hurting my BR too much. I'll move up again once I I'm running good again.

lowiekators

Postby lowiekators » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:27 am

Forget about my earlier post saying I'm running bad: after a session of about 1K hands I am up $170. 8-)

I started playing 10NL and won about $25 in 10 minutes. I opened two windows of 25NL and won a stack here pretty soon as well. I decided to close the 10NL tables and played 25NL. Things were going extremely well, exactly the opposite of my previous session. It's funny: I either seem to run very bad OR very good at 25NL. Maybe it is because the competition is better that I suffer more swings?

At the moment my BR is $790, and I'm in the green for 25NL so hopefully I can stay at 25NL for a while without having to move down again.

lowiekators

Postby donnylucky » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:33 am

Looking good, gogogogo... I can't help but feel you have a really conservative bankroll management plan. I used to play with 35 buy-ins on 10NL, 50 buy-ins at 25NL. Then I realised that I'm moving way too slow and figured that I'm a winning player, I moved up to 100NL with 22 buy-ins, lost 4 buy-ins, tilt off the rest in midstakes and now I'm back at 25NL... What's my point anyway?

Oh, bankroll management... Yeah, nice to have a little cushion... Keep it going man.
I represent the underdog of our society
donnylucky

Postby lowiekators » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:01 pm

lowiekators

Postby lowiekators » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:54 pm

Played a session of 2000 hands tonight and won about 40$. I didnt run very good at all, but somehow people kept donating me their stacks. Here's 2 examples:

1) Because everybody left our table, we ended up playing HU. He was playing very LAG, allways trying to push me out of pots. I wanted to make him believe I was fed up with it, I cant believe he actually called...

Seat 1: chris20flush ($9.90)
Seat 3: Hero ($11.74)
Hero posts the small blind of $0.05
chris20flush posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [3d] [5h]
Hero calls $0.05
chris20flush checks
*** FLOP *** [2c] [Kd] [7h]
chris20flush checks
Hero checks