[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
The PokerFool is back. From $100 to [edited]$30,000 - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

The PokerFool is back. From $100 to [edited]$30,000

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

The PokerFool is back. From $100 to [edited]$30,000

Postby LuparFiend » Mon May 14, 2007 9:27 am

I'm starting up a journal on here again. It's a little more fun to update here than it is on the ole blog, since I can actually get some feedback and help here :)

So enjoy, and feel free to chit chat.

A quick bio of the PokerFool: I'm in my early 30's. 1 wife, 2 kids (4 yrs and 1.5 yrs), and 2 cats. I'm a EE for one of the biggest companies in the world (nickname: Big Blue)

Here is a link to my old journal, but the last post is back in June of 06:

I am nearing my two year anniversary of playing online poker. I started with $100 back then, and I just passed the 17K mark this week. I have withdrawn a lot of that, so I am still currently playing 100NL 6 max.

Cheers!
Last edited by LuparFiend on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

LuparFiend

Postby LuparFiend » Mon May 14, 2007 9:35 am

April and May have been pretty good. May started off not so great, but the last week plus have been awesome.

It started last Saturday. For some dumb reason, I fooled around with Full Ring, and promptly lost a buy-in and a half. Then at night and went back to my bread and butter 6 max and won five buy-ins, plus went deep in PokerStars crazy $10 rebuy.

I had my small 2 buy-in downswing on Monday, but the last 2+ days have been pretty good. 964 hands and +$584. What is kind of surprising, is that I have been dealt Aces just once, and Kings twice in that span. And until this morning, there was only one set in there (Played only 4o hands this morning, and won a stack with a flopped set of 8's). Just a lot of small to medium wins. In those 964 hands, there were three hands that I won more than a stack, and one hand where I lost close to a stack. I've really been picking on the really bad short/half stacks that have been out there.

Here are a couple of the more interesting hands:

UTG was really loose. His stats were 55/19. If he had one of those top 55% hands, he would call any PF raise. I had re-raised him at least one other time, which he called PF, but he folded to my flop continuation bet. This is kind of a weird situation. You get a pot sized bet, then THREE people call that. AK does not fair well against many opponents, so I had to re-raise big. And, I would be out of position the rest of the hand, so I am pretty much committing myself to the hand. My flop bet was a little small. I'm not sure why I bet only 2/3 pot. I think I did that to give myself an excuse to fold if villain pushed. But I ended up calling anyway. Doh! There was just too much money in the pot already, and I though I had at least 6 outs and maybe even ahead and getting 2.7:1 on my money.

MP ($115.35)
CO ($100)
Button ($25.90)
SB ($185.50)
Hero ($127.50)
UTG ($176.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with [Kd], [As].
UTG raises to $3.5, MP calls $3.50, CO calls $3.50, 1 fold, SB calls $3, HERO raises to $22, UTG calls $17.50, MP folds, CO folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($53.50) [6d], [Js], [9h] (2 players)
HERO bets $35, UTG raises to $155.3 (All-In), Hero calls $71.50 (All-In).

Turn: ($266.50) [3h] (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($266.50) [7h] (2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: $266.50

Hero has [Kd] [As] (high card, ace).
UTG has [Ad] [Qs] (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins $266.50.

This was the one big hand I lost. Once the money went it, it was pretty much a coinflip. Oh well. I probably could have folded, but it was a blind on blind confrontation with a player who was pretty decent and was capable of making moves.

BB ($89.70)
UTG ($126.40)
MP ($249.85)
Button ($281.95)
Hero ($100.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with [9d], [9s].
3 folds, HERO raises to $3.50, BB calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.00) [7c], [6s], [4c] (2 players)
HERO bets $4.5, BB raises to $9, HERO raises to $30.5, BB raises to $86.20 (All-In), HERO calls $55.70.

Turn: ($179.40) [4h] (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($179.40) [Qc] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $179.40

HERO Shows [9d], [9s] (Pair of Nines)
BB shows [Ac] [Jc] (Flush, Ace High)
Outcome: BB Wins $179.40

Here is one of my sets. I raise it up UTG and get 4 callers! Yikes! Then the flop is perfect. I probably didn't play this one optimally. Villain was running 40/15/2.5. He said he had Pocket 9's afterwards. It's hard to get paid off out of position :(

CO ($83.95)
Button ($32.30)
SB ($54)
BB ($81.90)
Hero ($118.30)
MP ($107.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with [6h], [6c].
HERO raises to $3.5, MP calls $3.50, 1 fold, Button calls $3.50, SB calls $3, 1 fold.

Flop: ($15.00) [5c], [5s], [6d] (4 players)
SB checks, HERO bets $8, MP raises to $16, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($47.00) [Qs] (2 players)
HERO checks, MP bets $12, HERO raises to $24, MP calls $12.

River: ($95.00) [2s] (2 players)
HERO bets $74.8 (All-In), MP folds.

Final Pot: $95.00

My set from this morning. Here I am in position. See how much easier it is to get paid off in position? Villain was pretty agro (25/19/11), and the other two people in the hand were terrible, so I just flat called the Pre-flop betters continuation bet hoping one of them would tag along. There weren't too many draws out there, so I felt it was ok to do this. I probably could have flat called his turn bet too, but he was showing strength so I felt he'd call my push.

Hero ($100)
Button ($85.90)
SB ($24)
BB ($93.50)
UTG ($50.50)
MP ($117.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with [8d], [8h].
UTG calls $1, MP raises to $4.5, HERO calls $4.50, 2 folds, BB calls $3.50, UTG folds.

Flop: ($15) [Ad], [Jh], [8s] (3 players)
BB checks, MP bets $11, HERO calls $11, BB folds.

Turn: ($37) [9c] (2 players)
MP bets $30, HERO raises to $84.5 (All-In), MP calls $54.50.

River: ($206) [6h] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $206

MP has [8c] [Ac] (two pair, aces and eights).
Hero has [8d] [8h] (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins $206.

LuparFiend

Postby LuparFiend » Mon May 14, 2007 7:55 pm

Not a bad Saturday

I think this was my best day ever. I won four buy-ins pretty much off the bat. At one point, I was up $750 for the day. As Borat would say, "Niiiiiiiice!"

Here are some of the big hands:

Not sure why I just checked in the BB here. I usually would raise here with 9's. Villain was running at 51/10.

UTG ($364.10)
MP ($187.75)
Button ($105.65)
SB ($145)
HERO ($100)

Preflop: HERO is HERO with [9s], [9d].
UTG calls $1, 1 fold, Button calls $1, SB completes, HERO checks.

Flop: ($4) [9c], [Qc], [Ad] (4 players)
SB checks, HERO bets $3.5, UTG raises to $7, Button folds, SB folds, HERO raises to $22, UTG raises to $37, HERO raises to $99 (All-In), UTG calls $62.

Turn: ($199.00) [8s] (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($199.00) [5s] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $199.00

HERO has [9s] [9d] (three of a kind, nines).
UTG has [As] [Qh] (two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: HERO wins $199.

Villain was really Loose-Aggressive (38/18/4). I've got 12 outs twice and hit.

Button ($139.10)
Hero ($273)
BB ($155.35)
UTG ($80.40)

Preflop: HERO is SB with [Js], [As].
UTG raises to $4, 1 fold, HERO calls $3.50, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($12) [Ks], [8s], [6d] (3 players)
HERO checks, BB checks, UTG bets $12, HERO raises to $48, BB folds, UTG raises to $76.4 (All-In), HERO calls $28.40.

Turn: ($162.80) [Ac] (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($162.80) [7c] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $162.80

UTG has [Kc] [Qh] (one pair, kings).
HERO has [Js] [As] (one pair, aces).

This guy was crazy (41/14) and was a big loser in my database. I probably could have pushed the flop. I've got a flush draw and a gutshot (12 outs) and hit. Yay me!

BB ($97.35)
UTG ($140.10)
HERO ($102.25)
Button ($342.20)
SB ($67.75)

Preflop: HERO is MP with [5s], [2s].
1 fold, HERO raises to $3.5, Button calls $3.50, 2 folds.

Flop: ($8.50) [Ac], [Ts], [3s] (2 players)
HERO bets $6, Button raises to $26.5, HERO calls $20.50.

Turn: ($61.50) [8s] (2 players)
HERO checks, Button checks.

River: ($61.50) [Qh] (2 players)
HERO bets $72.25 (All-In), Button calls $72.25.

Final Pot: $206

HERO has [5s] [2s] (flush, ten high).
Button has [As] [Kd] (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $206.

Same guy as above. Not sure what he is doing leading that flop. I call cause he is terrible and I have an OESD plus a pair. His turn and river calls are terrible. But thanks anyway!

UTG ($140.60)
HERO ($201.50)
SB ($228.85)
BB ($79)

Preflop: HERO is Button with [Th], [Qh].
1 fold, HERO raises to $3.5, SB calls $3, 1 fold.

Flop: ($8) [Qc], [Ks], [Jd] (2 players)
SB bets $8, HERO calls $8.

Turn: ($24) [As] (2 players)
SB checks, HERO bets $22, SB calls $22.

River: ($68) [6d] (2 players)
SB checks, HERO bets $40, SB calls $40.

Final Pot: $148

HERO has [Th] [Qh] (straight, ace high).
SB has [Ad] [8d] (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $148.

I finally get on the Crazy table that I've been waiting to get on for a while. And as a bonus, I have position on one of the crazies. He is running at 81/41! This is my first hand of the table. I won't fold to a min-raise PF when I am in the BB, especially when there are others in the pot. My flop call was marginal, but I felt that if I hit, he would pay me off. Oh, and LOL at his turn check. Thanks for that!

Button ($198.40)
SB ($122.55)
HERO ($100)
UTG ($38.20)
MP ($105.95)
CO ($138.80)

Preflop: HERO is BB with [Js], [3s].
UTG raises to $2, 2 folds, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.50, HERO calls $1.

Flop: ($8) [6h], [5s], [8s] (4 players)
SB bets $8, HERO calls $8, UTG folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($24) [Ac] (2 players)
SB checks, HERO checks.

River: ($24) [Ks] (2 players)
SB bets $24, HERO raises to $90 (All-In), SB calls $66.

Final Pot: $204

SB has [Ah] [8c] (two pair, aces and eights).
HERO has [Js] [3s] (flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins $204.

Villain in this hand was running at 50/18. I probably should have raised on the flop to charge draws. His push leading the turn made my decision pretty easy, especially with the blank that fell.

BB ($305.35)
UTG ($71.35)
MP ($64.05)
HERO ($98.05)
Button ($118.25)
SB ($49.45)

Preflop: HERO is CO with [Jc], [Jd].
1 fold, MP calls $1, HERO raises to $4.5, 2 folds, BB calls $3.50, MP calls $3.50.

Flop: ($14) [Jh], [Qs], [Ks] (3 players)
BB bets $13, MP folds, HERO calls $13.

Turn: ($40) [3d] (2 players)
BB bets $111, HERO calls $80.55 (All-In).

River: ($201.10) [9d] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $201.10

BB has [Kh] [Js] (two pair, kings and jacks).
HERO has [Jc] [Jd] (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: HERO wins $201.10.

So there is a raise, the button calls, the SB calls, and I decide to put out a big squeeze play with my AQ. First two fold, and then SB re-raises?!?!!? This guy was running at 44/22, so I thought that there was no way a big hand like AA - QQ or AK would play this way. I push and he calls with AT. Niiiiiice!

UTG ($225.50)
Button ($96.10)
SB ($150.20)
HERO ($98.50)

Preflop: HERO is BB with [Qh], [Ac].
UTG raises to $3, Button calls $3, SB calls $2.50, HERO raises to $15, UTG folds, Button folds, SB raises to $51, HERO raises to $98.5 (All-In), SB calls $47.50.

Flop: ($204) [Jd], [6h], [8d] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($204) [3d] (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($204) [4h] (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $204

SB has [As] [Td] (high card, ace).
HERO has [Qh] [Ac] (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins $204.

Those were the big winners. I made a few mistakes, but none of those cost me more than $25. One was where some TAG limps, I raise from the button with TT and he calls. Flop comes Jack high. He checks, I bet, and he raises all-in. I call the $25 extra (probably could have folded), and he showed KK. Huh?

Then there was KQ vs a short stack donk. We get it all-in on the K, 8, 7 flop. Oh well.

LuparFiend

Postby Tyrannic » Mon May 14, 2007 9:22 pm

Tyrannic

Postby LuparFiend » Mon May 14, 2007 9:48 pm

LuparFiend

Postby LuparFiend » Wed May 16, 2007 2:55 pm

Woot, I'm up another 4 buy-ins since Saturday

The first half of this graph, I don't think I played all that particularity good. I found myself bluffing more than usual. I semi-bluff frequently, but I very rarely bluff with air. A few examples:

A solid 19/11 player raises it up to $3. I call in the SB with pocket 4's. Flop is JJ7 rainbow. I check, he bets $4 into the $7 pot. I check-raise thinking I can steal the pot. He calls. Turn is a blank, and I decide to lead out, because I don't think he can call without a Jack. He does indeed call. River is an Ace, and it goes check-check, and he has J9o. Oops

I raise 54s from the CO. BB calls. He is running at 31/3. Flop is 26T with two hearts. He checks, I throw out a cont bet, and he calls. Turn is offsuit 9 and it goes check/check. River is an offsuit Jack. He checks, and I decide I can steal this pot and bet 2/3 pot. He calls with 76o, 4th pair no kicker and wins. Oops.

I did have one successful bluff though. I raise Pocket 8's in the CO. The 22/4 button calls. Flop is [Td] [9c] [4d] rainbow. I cont bet, and he calls. Turn is [Kh]. I fire a 2nd barrell (2/3 pot) and he calls again. River is [Ah]. I fire a 3rd barrel and he folds.

I usually don't do these types of plays, but within 300 hands or so, I did all three of these. Weird.

------------------------------------

The one big pot from this 3 day session was this hand.

I called, and he had 98 (Bottom Two Pair), and I hit a 7 on the turn to give me the straight.

I had some really strange hands with my mid-high pocket pairs

CO was a solid TAG running at 18/14/4.

SB: $99.00
Hero (BB): $95.50
UTG: $21.85
CO: $100.15
BTN: $168.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt [Jd] [Jc] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO raises to $3.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $11.00, CO calls $7.50

Flop: ($22.50) [Ac] [3d] [4d] (2 Players)
Hero bets $17.00, CO calls $17.00

Turn: ($56.50) [4h] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($56.50) [9d] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Pot Size: $56.50 ($2.80 Rake)

CO had 5s 5d (two pair, Fives and Fours) and LOST (-$28.00)
Hero had Jd Jc (two pair, Jacks and Fours) and WON (+$25.70)

I though for sure he had an ace. What did he put me on? KQ? He could have easily stolen that pot from me.

Ha, I don't know what to say about this one. This guy was pretty terrible. On an earlier hand, he tried to bluff me on the river, and I re-raised all-in. He folded getting like 10:1 on his money.

SB: $311.85
BB: $97.90
UTG: $101.65
MP: $32.70
Hero (CO): $164.50
BTN: $53.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt [Qs] [Qh] (6 Players)
2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($8.50) [Kh] [2s] [6s] (2 Players)
Hero bets $6.00, BTN calls $6.00

Turn: ($20.50) [As] (2 Players)
Hero bets $14.00, BTN calls $14.00

River: ($48.50) [2d] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Pot Size: $48.50 ($2.40 Rake)

BTN had [6h] [3h] (two pair, Sixes and Twos) and LOST (-$23.50)
Hero had [Qs] [Qh] (two pair, Queens and Twos) and WON (+$22.60)

This dudes stats were 52/7/0.7

SB: $171.30
Hero (BB): $98.00
UTG: $99.00
MP: $115.25
CO: $114.00
BTN: $94.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt [Qc] [Qh] (6 Players)
4 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $3.50, SB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7) [Ks] [5h] [Td] (2 Players)
SB bets $7.00, Hero raises to $24.00, SB calls $17.00

Turn: ($55) [4s] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($55) [Js] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $55.00 ($2.75 Rake)

SB had [Ah] [Jd] (a pair of Jacks) and LOST (-$27.50)
Hero had [Qc] [Qh] (a pair of Queens) and WON (+$24.75)

If anyone has any advice on how I could have played these better, please let me know

Thanks!

LuparFiend

Postby Danhdan » Wed May 16, 2007 3:24 pm

Hand #1: You gave him odds to draw for a set, so probably a little higher reraise is good. Nice of him to surrender that pot to you. Maybe he thought you were 3-betting light and after the turn his hand had showdown value. I'm starting to face light 3-bets alot at NL50 now(to the point I just 4-bet AJo OTB yesterday which is insane for me).

Hand #2: Play with this guy every day until he has no more money left. :lol:
What, no value town with two overs, a flush and a paired board?

Hand #3: Blind war where both of you had big hands...weirdness ensues. And then he felt he actually had showdown value when he hit the Jack probably.

I am trying to talk about hands, so I can get a little bit back into online playing. Keep running well.
"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby LuparFiend » Thu May 17, 2007 10:08 am

LuparFiend

Postby LuparFiend » Thu May 17, 2007 10:17 am

Well, I had a losing session last night. Lost almost two buy-ins. The biggest hand was me having top two pair with AQ vs a 65/18 loose player hitting a set. Oh well.

Then I lost a 60/40 all-in PF to a someone who had 60% of a stack. I had re-raised this guy PF before, and he reluctantly folded. I think it might have put him on tilt, cause he starting playing back at me. Two orbits later, he raises PF again, and I re-raise, and he pushes. He had T7s, and I had AK and lost. Oh well. I forced him to make a mistake, but it didn't work out.

But then I won it all back this morning by winning two buy-ins in a about 150 hands.

Check out these hands. Ha!

SB: $80.60
BB: $171.95
UTG: $112.85
MP: $100.00
CO: $146.30
Hero (BTN): $101.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt [5d] [8d] (6 Players)
3 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, SB calls $3.00, BB folds

Flop: ($8) [6c] [7d] [7s] (2 Players)
SB bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($16) [4d] (2 Players)
SB bets $9.00, Hero raises to $29.00, SB calls $20.00

River: ($74) [Td] (2 Players)
SB bets all-in for $44.10, Hero calls $44.10

Pot Size: $162.20 ($3 Rake)

SB had [6h] [Qh] (two pair, Sevens and Sixes) and LOST (-$80.60)
Hero had [5d] [8d] (a flush, Ten high) and WON (+$78.60)

SB: $102.05
BB: $90.15
UTG: $100.00
MP: $77.95
CO: $222.50
Hero (BTN): $106.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt [7h] [7s] (6 Players)
3 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, SB folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) [2c] [8h] [6h] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $6.00, BB calls $6.00

Turn: ($19.50) [7c] (2 Players)
BB bets $5.00, Hero raises to $20.00, BB calls $15.00

River: ($59.50) [7d] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $30.00, BB calls $30.00

Pot Size: $119.50 ($3 Rake)

BB had [8s] [Ah] (two pair, Eights and Sevens) and LOST (-$59.50)
Hero had [7h] [7s] (four of a kind, Sevens) and WON (+$57.00)

I also hit quads last night, but it was against a short stack.

I got my rakeback payment from April the other day. With that included, I am up almost $2000 for the month, all at 100NL. Woot!

LuparFiend

Postby Danhdan » Thu May 17, 2007 2:06 pm

"Million dollar play, ten cent finish."

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

"Laugh and the world stares at you; cry, and the world stares at you."
Danhdan

Postby LuparFiend » Fri May 18, 2007 1:30 pm

Played a couple hundrerd hands this morning and came out ahead $140 or so. The big hand of the morning was kind of interesting. I kind of goaded my opponent into raising. Here is the hand:

Hero (SB): $123.85
BB: $112.35
UTG: $158.15
MP: $140.30
CO: $106.80
BTN: $55.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt [Qc] [Js] (6 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB checks

Flop: ($3) [3c] [9c] [Qd] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB bets $2.00, UTG calls $2.00, Hero raises to $8.00, BB calls $6.00, UTG folds

Turn: ($21) [Ac] (2 Players)
Hero bets $14.00, BB calls $14.00

River: ($49) [Kc] (2 Players)
Hero bets $35.00, BB raises all-in to $89.35, Hero calls $54.35

Pot Size: $227.70 ($3 Rake)

BB had [Jc] [5c] (a flush, Ace high) and LOST (-$112.35)
Hero had [Qc] [Js] (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$112.35)

So I complete from the SB after a limper. I hit top pair, 3rd kicker. Some times I lead out here, but I decided to do the ole check-raise. The turn card wasn't the greatest card, but I figured I better bet after showing strength. Plus, I still very well could have the best hand. Plus, I have the 2nd nut flush draw. Villain just calls.

Obviously the [Kc] was the best card to fall on the river. I lead out for 70% pot. Villain took a long time. Finally, I typed in "I don't have a club", and he pushed. Ha! Thanks for the monies! And thanks for not raising that turn with your flush!

The other big hand from the morning was me with Pocket Jacks in the SB after a bunch of limpers and the really loose player on the table calls (Big surprise). Flop was Q, 8, 4 rainbow. I led out and he called. Turn was a 9 completing the rainbow. I checked intending to check-raise, because I didn't think he had a Q. He bet big, and I raised putting the rest of his stack in, and he called with 86s.

Have a good weekend!

LuparFiend

Postby black_knight6 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:37 pm

I hate the flop CR...1, it's a BAD idea with a draw heavy board - you get called by the draws every time because they have position and KNOW you'll pay off with your action. 2, it's simply WAY too small, 16 maybe!

Betting that turn is horrible since not only do you not have TP anymore, but both JT and clubs got there! Obv river is easy, but you got VERY lucky methinks.
black_knight6
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby LuparFiend » Mon May 21, 2007 10:56 am

(WARNING: Long Post ahead)

Uggg. I did not play good this weekend. Made quite a few mistakes, plus had a couple nasty beats.

For the whole weekend, including this morning, I made 3 buy-ins at 100NL, but lost 2.5 buy-ins at 200NL, for a net loss of about $270 or so on the weekend.

I played 200NL for the first time in a couple months, and for the first time at Full Tilt. There are still plenty of bad players at 200NL. It's just too bad that I was on the losing end of things this time. I lost 3 big hands at 200NL to a 5 outer, 6 outer, and a 3 outer (Well, really a 12 outer on that one, but I don't pay off if the flush card hits. Too bad his Inside St draw card hit)

Here is the biggest one. This one sucked, because I definitely should have bet more on the flop. Plus, I usually raise all my pocket-pairs, but The button was one of the biggest fish I've seen and knew he would call any PF raise, so I limped. He was running at 80/30.

I didn't anticipate the button cold-calling my re-raise on the flop. With him cold-calling, the UTG player definitely had odds to draw. A pot sized raise would have been a raise to 27 (UTG would have to call 21 into a 42 pot). But I raised to 23 instead. But then button cold-calls the 23, so UTG only has to call 17 in a pot that already has 61 in it (3.6:1 instead of 2:1). If I would have raised to 27, and if button cold-calls, UTG is still getting 3.3:1 on his call. So raising more on the flop probably didn't make that much of a difference (Though I suppose raising to 30 or 35 gets both of them to fold ????)

The thing that sucked, is that I was pretty much spot on with my read. The button was so bad, that he could have any two cards really. I wasn't worried about what he had, and I was sure I was way ahead of him. But when UTG flat called the re-raise, I knew he was on heart draw. If he has two pair, or a higher set, He probably raises there, because it would look like to him that either me or the button would be on a draw. So when the innocent looking 8 fell on the turn, I felt my hand was still good.

I was right on my read. He had hearts. Too bad he had 67 of hearts, and that 8 hit his inside st draw. If a heart falls on that turn, I am not betting that turn and hoping for a paired river card. Uggg, I learned my lesson on that hand though.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $198.00
BB: $273.05
UTG: $390.55
Hero (MP): $200.00
CO: $198.00
Super-Mega-Fish: $251.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt [2d] [2s] (6 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, Hero calls $2.00, CO folds, Super-Mega-Fish calls $2.00, SB folds, BB checks

Flop: ($9) [9s] [5h] [2h] (4 Players)
BB checks, UTG bets $6.00, Hero raises to $23.00, Super-Mega-Fish calls $23.00, BB folds, UTG calls $17.00

Turn: ($78) [8c] (3 Players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $65.00, Super-Mega-Fish folds, UTG raises all-in to $365.55, Hero calls all-in for $110.00
Uncalled bet of $190.55 returned to UTG

River: ($428) [Qd] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $428.00 ($3 Rake)

UTG had [6h] [7h] (a straight, Nine high) and WON (+$225.00)
Hero had [2d] [2s] (three of a kind, Twos) and LOST (-$200.00)

A couple other hands that I butchered at 100NL and ended up losing included:

Me haveing Aces, and a decent player calls with position. Flop is 994 rainbow, and he calls my cont bet. Turn is a Queen, and I decide to keep the pot small since I am OOP and check(MISTAKE!). He checks behind. River is a another 4. I check call a 2/3 pot sized bet and he has 43s. Oops

And then me hitting a set from MP with 22 after calling UTG's (A half stack) bet. Flop was 932 with two diamonds. I Just called his lead on the flop, cause I didn't think he was on a diamond draw. Turn was a diamond, and we get it all-in and he has K5 of diamonds (so he raised UTG with K5s. Huh???)

AA vs KK all-in PF against a half stack and lost.

Those hands were all on Saturday. On Sunday, I acutally ended up a few bucks. I worked my way back to even after suffereing a couple nastly beats.

The worst was this hand, at 200NL.

SB: $136.00
BB: $200.00
UTG: $163.60
CO: $199.00
Hero (BTN): $200.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt [Ah] [Ad] (5 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, CO folds, Hero raises to $9.00, SB folds, BB calls $7.00, UTG calls $7.00

Flop: ($28) [Tc] [3h] [6s] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG bets $28.00, Hero raises all-in to $191.00, BB folds, UTG calls all-in for $126.60
Uncalled bet of $36.40 returned to Hero

Turn: ($337.20) [9d] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($337.20) [Qc] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $337.20 ($3 Rake)

UTG had [Th] [Qs] (two pair, Queens and Tens) and WON (+$170.60)
Hero had [Ah] [Ad] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$163.60)

Then there was this one, at 100NL. This guy had a big stack, but was really bad, running at 60/20. He was a master suckout artist. So he calls my flop bet with an inside st draw, and hits runner-runner two pair. Awesome.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $65.25
BB: $520.40
Hero (UTG): $169.50
CO: $78.05
BTN: $101.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt [Ac] [As] (5 Players)
Hero raises to $3.50, 3 folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.50) [9d] [7s] [Js] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $6.00, BB calls $6.00

Turn: ($19.50) [Ks] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero bets $14.00, BB calls $14.00

River: ($47.50) [8c] (2 Players)
BB bets $47.50, Hero calls $47.50

Pot Size: $142.50 ($3 Rake)

BB had [8h] [Kh] (two pair, Kings and Eights) and WON (+$68.50)
Hero had [Ac] [As] (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$71.00)

So then I struggle my way back to even. And then this hand happens. I had to close down all my tables after this one, as I went on tilt when I saw what he had. I made the crying call, expecting for him to show two pair, or a made straight, or a big draw or something like that. uggg. First time I've been on mega-tilt in a while

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $113.00
BB: $196.65
UTG: $254.15
CO: $344.50
Hero (BTN): $196.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt [Kc] [Kh] (5 Players)
2 folds, Hero raises to $7.00, SB calls $6.00, BB folds

Flop: ($16) [Tc] [8c] [9s] (2 Players)
SB bets $6.00, Hero raises to $30.00, SB calls $24.00

Turn: ($76) [2h] (2 Players)
SB bets all-in for $76.00, Hero calls $76.00

River: ($228) [6d] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $228.00 ($3 Rake)

SB had [6h] [6s] (three of a kind, Sixes) and WON (+$112.00)
Hero had [Kc] [Kh] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$113.00)

So then later on, I logged back on, and actually climbed my way out of that hole. No memorable hands from that quick session. AK vs KK on an ace high flop. For some reason, he didnt believe I had an ace. AJ vs KJ against a donk and won his stack. etc...

Cheers

LuparFiend

Postby LuparFiend » Mon May 21, 2007 2:47 pm

LuparFiend

Postby LuparFiend » Tue May 22, 2007 7:06 pm

I thought I'd post a pic of how my 100NL 6 max has been going snice moving over to Full Tilt full time 6 weeks ago.

Interestingly, I have a total of 50 people with over 7500 hands on, and I have the highest win rate among those 50! Woot!

The BB/100 ranges from 15.95 BB/100 for me to the lowest being -13.73 BB/100

Of those 50, The highest VPIP is someone who is 27/7. The Highest PFR% is running at 25.7/17.5

If anyone wants some more stats on the 948,000 hands I have mined in the last 6 weeks, let me know.

LuparFiend

Next

Return to Member Journals