[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
The ramblings of a retired poker pro - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

The ramblings of a retired poker pro

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Postby RedBarracuda » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:49 pm

(6:35:48 PM) giantgrwth: I once beat up an attempted murderer, 25% true story
(6:35:59 PM) hard2tel45s: boxing?
(6:36:06 PM) giantgrwth: Yea
(6:36:14 PM) hard2tel45s: sweet
(6:36:30 PM) giantgrwth: He was my best friend too, lol
(6:36:48 PM) hard2tel45s: well u were in the crazy bin bro
RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby MBuckler » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:52 pm

MBuckler

Postby NorthView » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:09 pm

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby piersmajestyk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:06 pm

happy birthday bro.
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Trump34 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:23 pm

happy birthday. Did you do anything fun or eat anything spectacular?
I refuse to go to treatment, because they don't serve Scotch there.
Trump34

Postby RedBarracuda » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:16 am

(6:35:48 PM) giantgrwth: I once beat up an attempted murderer, 25% true story
(6:35:59 PM) hard2tel45s: boxing?
(6:36:06 PM) giantgrwth: Yea
(6:36:14 PM) hard2tel45s: sweet
(6:36:30 PM) giantgrwth: He was my best friend too, lol
(6:36:48 PM) hard2tel45s: well u were in the crazy bin bro
RedBarracuda
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby GodlikeRoy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:13 am

Poker is silly.

It is not enough to be good at chess, you must also play well.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby JimmyJet » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:33 am

Mekos King (11:56:46 AM): LOL@NVobv
Mekos King (11:57:02 AM): circumstances are all conspiring perfectly
Mekos King (11:57:07 AM): to get ole NV to snuffit
Mekos King (11:57:14 AM): but the salty old tsr just refuses to
Mekos King (11:57:26 AM): goot thing guns are illegal id say
JimmyJet

Postby Triple B » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:57 am

Villain: Why?
Villain: How?
Me: I had a feeling
Villian: Sit in you cretin
Triple B

Postby Kuso » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:20 am

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby GodlikeRoy » Thu May 01, 2008 2:50 am

May goals: win at neutral EV bets.
Play 20 hours of poker.

That'd be a good start.

18 days to go..
Poker is silly.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win.

GodlikeRoy

Postby doublepro » Thu May 01, 2008 5:28 am

i got bets on roy not playing that poker :roll:
doublepro

Postby GodlikeRoy » Wed May 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Soo it's been a while since i've updated this ole thing.

I spent the first few days of this month on hamilton island with a few friends and had a blast. As soon as you land you're given the keys to a golf buggy which you then use to travel around the island so we had a lot of fun buzzing around on those things, although on more than one occasion I did scare the other passengers with my driving.. it really wasn't THAT bad.

Since then I've been fairly busy working on my site and winning at sports betting. I'm up about 30k in the past 2 months at neutral EV games I think.

I've also taken quite a keen interest in staking people (moreso than before). I'm staking 14 people atm from stakes from 0.10/0.20 to 1/2 and so far things are going fairly smoothly. I've been coaching a fair bit too lately and enjoying it much more than actually playing myself, so the coaching coupled with staking is providing a decent income and leads me to think I'll play very little poker myself from now on.

I'm going to be traveling a bit over the next 2 weeks until I arrive in Vegas, probably something along the lines of: Brisbane -> Melbourne -> Sydney -> Hawaii -> LA -> Vegas. Eugh. I'll be spending a few days in melbourne and maybe a week or so in Hawaii and the rest are just stop overs.

That's about it for now. If I ever manage to find the cable that connects my camera to my laptop then I'll upload some more photos from thailand/sydney/hamilton, but anyone reading this already knows the odds of that actually happening.

3 days to go...
Poker is silly.

GodlikeRoy

Postby emmasdad » Wed May 14, 2008 11:20 pm

emmasdad

Postby kennyg » Thu May 15, 2008 1:18 am

"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

PreviousNext

Return to Member Journals