[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
Triple B's Journal (I'm a cretin and loving it) - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

Triple B's Journal (I'm a cretin and loving it)

No matter what you play or where you play it, if you want to record your day by day poker exploits, this is the place!

Moderator: LPF Police Department

Triple B's Journal (I'm a cretin and loving it)

Postby Triple B » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:15 pm

Last edited by Triple B on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Triple B

Postby NorthView » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:59 am

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby kennyg » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:00 am

"I'll take KennyGs advice before Sklanskys every time. "
-Iceman

Proud contributing member of the Poker Player's Alliance.
Poker Journal:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=14017#14017
kennyg
<b>BTP Benefactor & Tourny #1 Winner</b>

Postby Triple B » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:50 am

Triple B

Postby Triple B » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:54 am

Triple B

Postby Triple B » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:57 pm

This morning's session just started out bad. 6 tables of 200NL, 2 of 400NL, all full ring.

I called a raise from the BB in a 3 way pot with 87s. Flop came A87 rainbow. EP raiser bets 8 into 20, I raise to 30. He reraises to 73. I call. At this point I put him on AK or AA. I decide I can't fold this so I need to maximize my expectation against AK, which is why I didn't shove. Turn is a 9. I check the turn, planning to CRAI. He shoves for me. I don't love it but I call. River is a T.

He had Q6s.

Shortly after i flopped the nut straight with KQ (board was AJT). I get runner runnered for the split. Yes, even though I have KQ, the turn and river were Q then K.

Then I reraised KK, a 92/0/3 player calls my reraise and flops a flush.

So yeah, that sucked. I fought my way back to even with a few good hands. Top set vs TPTK and flopped nut flush vs set.

850 hands...profit $5.25 :lol: Now 80% of the way to clearing my $1500 bonus.

I also reported to Ongame a flaw in their software that allows shortstackers to rathole without a waiting period. If you buy in full and win, you can't leave and come back wth less than you had, but if you are short and win, you can come back short right away. I hope they will fix that because there's one guy that abuses this a lot and he is actually an OK shortstacker. Not iceman good, but somewhat competent...enough to be annoying. What makes it even more annoying is you can buy in for 10 BBs on Ongame, which he does.

FYI he plays on the names vratislav1 or vratislav2 or vratislav5. He is so creative.
Triple B

Postby Triple B » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:37 pm

Played another 700 hands this afternoon at Ongame FR. Made $10 :) 82% to bonus now.

Played 700 hands at iPoker 6-max tonight and made $300. One cool hand. I have $255 and villain covers. He's basically a maniac 75/25/2, bluffs a lot.

He reraises a small EP raise to $18, I pop it to $58 in position with QQ. Flop comes KJ4 monotone (I don't have the flush draw). He checks, I check. Turn is another 4. He shoves, I call. He has A6 (with a flush draw to the 6) and misses.
Triple B

Postby Electrolux » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:31 am

A Journal. Nice.

How do you rate the skills of players at FR vs SH, at Ongame?
Seondly, how many hands are required for you at what level to clear a 1500 bonus?

How much do you cash out each month? If you plan on making 12K in October, and keep that pace, a 40k BR seems in reach?

Anyways, GL!
- Mexicans are filthy. I once blew a Mexican. I had diarrhea for a week. Sarah Silverman

Electrolux

Postby Triple B » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:49 am

Triple B

Postby Triple B » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:14 pm

Triple B

Postby Triple B » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:44 pm

Update for today...

Played a very short session of 8 tables of NL200 FR. I ran like God.

I knew it was going to go well when one of my first hands I raised to isolate 2 EP limpers with my AJ. First limper (shorty) shoves, other limper (3/4 stack) calls. I don't see how he can beat AJ, so I shove, and he (surprisingly) calls. First limper has KQs, second guy had A9o. I won unimproved :lol: :lol:

+$975 in 440 hands. I actually won all of that in the first 250 or so hands, even though I folded AA post flop twice.

I had one set over set for $250 and one AA>JJ on a 9992T board for $350. JJ guy was the same guy that had A9 above (he had rebought and had built up to 130BBs).
Triple B

Postby Triple B » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:13 pm

Update for today. Played 1500 hands (65% NL400, rest NL200) +$300. 87% to bonii.

Here is one hand.

EP limps, hijack limps, I raise to $25 with [Ac][Kh]. Hijack calls. He is tight passive and I have a good read on him.

Flop [Kc][9d][Jc] I bet $40, he calls. At this point his most likely holding is a set or QQ, or AK (yes QQ/AK are possible limping hands for him, especially AK)
Turn [4c] check, check (I would check any turn here, even a K against this guy)
River [3h]. He bets $75. I know I should fold but make a crying call. He has JJ.

That just goes to show how bad some of the regs are at FR. That guy is a winner over a few thousand hands playing like that. He runs 13/2/1.5 or something. The main reason I called is that he has been playing back at me a bit more recently, so either he was hitting sets all the time or he was making moves.

The most interesting hand I played today I will post in the NL forum. I was the PFR with [Ad][Jd], flopped 2 overs and a flush draw. I CB'd, got raised small and 3-bet. Villain called. Turn was an offsuit Q, giving me a gutty to go with my FD. I shoved.

I'll post results later on.
Triple B

Postby Triple B » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:38 pm

Today I played 1 session of full ring and 1 of 6-max. Both were short but I was up $800 in 1050 hands.

I did get stacked [Kd][Kh] < [As][9s] on a [Td][9d][3d] board in a reraised pot. 84% to win wasn't enough.

To make up for it I reraised and CRAI'd on the flop with [Kd][Qc] on a [Tc][9c][6c] board and stacked 66 when I turned a flush. Had 35% equity here.
Triple B

Postby Triple B » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:07 am

Triple B

Postby NorthView » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:43 pm

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Next

Return to Member Journals