[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
The Mathematics of Poker, Bill Chen - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

The Mathematics of Poker, Bill Chen

An area for members to post links and reviews. NO ADS

Moderators: Cactus Jack, TexasKowboy, LPF Police Department

Postby NorthView » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:35 pm

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby Zmej » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:50 pm

"#3 pencils and quadrille pads."
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when asked what CAD tools he used to design the Cray I supercomputer; he also recommended using the back side of the pages so that the grid lines were not so dominant.

"Interesting - I use a Mac to help me design the next Cray."
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when he was told that Apple Inc. had recently bought a Cray supercomputer to help them design the next Mac.
Zmej

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:16 am

"Are the players better as the stakes go up? It's not an exam; it's a buyin." Barry Tanenbaum
Cactus Jack

Postby redhouse » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Mekos King: existence without running good
Mekos King: truly has no purpose
redhouse

Postby motofrankster » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:32 pm

just got this book and most of the math i've seen looks fairly easy. frankly alot of algebra although the notation is tricky (but you'll get used to it). a huge amount of math for sure.

can't do the notation here, but they do make stuff complex with the notation.

example:

odds of getting AA pre-flop goes into all kinds notation, whereas other books will says probability of first times probability of second = 1/13 x 3/51 (i think that's right).... so this book uses alot of notation whereas sklansky/yao king (from what i remember) will often describe in words what their math means.

very exciting book but looks like you'll have to read it front to back not just jump to section that you like.
motofrankster

Postby Zmej » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:36 am

- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when asked what CAD tools he used to design the Cray I supercomputer; he also recommended using the back side of the pages so that the grid lines were not so dominant.

- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when he was told that Apple Inc. had recently bought a Cray supercomputer to help them design the next Mac.
Zmej

Postby Beavis68 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:01 pm

Beavis68

Postby NorthView » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:53 am

Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby Kuso » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:58 am

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

Postby Beavis68 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:42 am

Beavis68

Postby k3nt » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:29 am

k3nt
Enthusiast (Online)

Postby Zmej » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:24 am

Zmej

Postby Xaston » Mon May 07, 2007 8:51 pm

Boy, you got me confused with a man who repeats himself.
Xaston

Postby Schuster » Mon May 07, 2007 9:54 pm

Schuster

Postby Kuso » Wed May 09, 2007 9:44 pm

wwcrd?

"that basically sums up poker for me - 12" needle in the testicle." <nutkick> mvp
Kuso

PreviousNext

Return to Books, DVDs and Online Articles