[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
The Mathematics of Poker, Bill Chen - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

The Mathematics of Poker, Bill Chen

An area for members to post links and reviews. NO ADS

Moderators: Cactus Jack, TexasKowboy, LPF Police Department

The Mathematics of Poker, Bill Chen

Postby Zmej » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:01 am

Has anyone read this book?

I am in the middle of it now, and some of the concepts are quite interesting.

For example I liked their calculation on the HU strategy with less that 10BB, and the value betting amount on the river.
"#3 pencils and quadrille pads."
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when asked what CAD tools he used to design the Cray I supercomputer; he also recommended using the back side of the pages so that the grid lines were not so dominant.

"Interesting - I use a Mac to help me design the next Cray."
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when he was told that Apple Inc. had recently bought a Cray supercomputer to help them design the next Mac.
Zmej

Postby NorthView » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:53 am

I haven't read it, but in case you didn't know there''s a thread on it in the Aren't I Special (Sklanksy) 2+2 forum:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showf ... ost8309305
Mon May 12, 2008 1:46 am
When I play a patient and relaxed game I win - that simple.

Mon May 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Seriously, fuck poker.
==================================================================

[21:03] NorthViewBTP: mac is a fellow mexican
[21:03] Mekosking: yup
[21:03] NorthViewBTP: you should support your bro
[21:03] Mekosking: therefore hes a fat worthless tsr obv
NorthView

Postby Zmej » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:42 am

There is a better discussion in the book's forum

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showf ... ost7890505
- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when asked what CAD tools he used to design the Cray I supercomputer; he also recommended using the back side of the pages so that the grid lines were not so dominant.

- Seymoure Cray (1925-1996) when he was told that Apple Inc. had recently bought a Cray supercomputer to help them design the next Mac.
Zmej

Postby MTPaid » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:46 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby stickdude » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:15 pm

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You cracked my Aces... prepare to die"
stickdude

Postby Zmej » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Zmej

Postby MTPaid » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:25 pm

Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby NorthView » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:30 pm

Seriously, fuck poker.

NorthView

Postby Zmej » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:36 am

Zmej

Postby Zmej » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:37 am

Zmej

Postby stickdude » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:22 pm

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You cracked my Aces... prepare to die"
stickdude

Postby NorthView » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:01 pm

Seriously, fuck poker.

NorthView

Postby black_knight6 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:53 pm

black_knight6
Semi Pro (Online)

Postby thaninja » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:57 am

Mine is supposed to get her Jan 9-11th.
thaninja

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:46 am

"Are the players better as the stakes go up? It's not an exam; it's a buyin." Barry Tanenbaum
Cactus Jack

Next

Return to Books, DVDs and Online Articles