[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
How to beat Online Limit Holdem - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

How to beat Online Limit Holdem

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Postby piersmajestyk » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:37 pm

Hi A Train,

As you get higher up in limits you need to spend some time searching for the better tables. A while back I would just jump on the top money average tables but you need to do more than this. It seems to me that the games at the small limits (2-4, 3-6) have tightened up tremendously recently so it is not only important to select good tables but good positions at the tables if possible. I have found one way to have sort of a seat change option and that is to get on the waiting list for a good table on two or three different party skins so when people leave and I need to change I can if the seat is desirable and I am next on the list at the other skin.

I only have my recent dbase (ca. 17K) to give you my numbers with regard to went to showdown and won$SD and VIP.
VIP: 12.97%
WSD: 38.12%
W$SD: 53.44%

Hope that helps some.
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Re: How to beat Online Limit Holdem

Postby CFlannagan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:47 pm

CFlannagan

Postby piersmajestyk » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:36 pm

piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Cardman » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:13 am

Okay, I have been running bad and would like some PREFLOP feedback.....just thought I would throw out the following...as always, I am guessing that there can be more than one way to go but was wondering what generally YOU do with the following hands assuming the opponents are not maniacs and are not rocks.....

ATs middle position, first in??? is this a limping hand? folding hand? raise?

KQo cutoff, 2 limpers, trash hand??

JTs button...how many limpers needed to call??

99 in small blind, all fold, button limps? raise here?
99 in small blind, all fold, button raises? raise again?
"Sometimes its all about making the wrong move at the right time"
Cardman

Postby Xaston » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:09 am

ATs, automatic raise.

KQo cutoff, limp or raise, depending on how tight the blinds are and how loose the limpers are.

JTs on the button, depends how much action your opponents will give you post flop if you hit it well, and also how much they will charge you if you flop a draw. Also depends on their position. If they are early position limpers you gotta respect their hands more than if they open limped in middle or late position. I'll say 3+ limpers.

Raise.

Re-Raise.
Xaston

Postby Cardman » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:10 pm

Thanks Xas.!!

I will move further questions to a separate thread....
"Sometimes its all about making the wrong move at the right time"
Cardman

Postby lightningfast35 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:36 pm

lightningfast35

Postby Acidjoe » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:48 am

I did say no to drugs..... They just didn't listen
Acidjoe

Postby piersmajestyk » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:05 am

If a raise comes in front of me I will likely reraise all of those hands with the exception of AQ which depending on the player that raises in front I may raise, call or fold.
piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby SNGfan » Tue May 09, 2006 5:43 pm

SNGfan

Postby SNGfan » Sat May 13, 2006 9:15 pm

SNGfan

Postby The Golden 1 » Sun May 14, 2006 12:05 am

The Golden 1

Postby SNGfan » Sun May 14, 2006 7:03 am

SNGfan

Postby piersmajestyk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:51 am

piersmajestyk
Pro (B&M & Online)

Postby Wrathchilde » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:54 pm

I'm fairly new to online poker, and play only Texas Hold 'Em. This thread has been a great help to me but I still must be doing something wrong. Even when using these preflop strategies I am losing money. Every time. Well, almost every time. I rarely finish a session with more than I started with. I don't think that losing money is the goal here, even playing very low limits to learn the ropes, so where do I go next?
Wrathchilde

PreviousNext

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games