[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
KTs in LP - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

KTs in LP

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

Postby MecosKing » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:25 pm

NorthViewBTP: poor old ED
NorthViewBTP: from gun totin beer swiller
NorthViewBTP: to limp wristed defender of fagdom
NorthViewBTP: ALL THINGS TO ALL MEN
NorthViewBTP: IS THE SAME AS NO THINGS TO ANY MAN
--------------------
Mekos King: NV ignoring
Jimmy BTP: he's ignoring me too
Jimmy BTP: obv fell asleep in his colostomy bag
Jimmy BTP: running shite everywhere
---------
neelguru: I gave up politics when I was 6
neelguru: Im dedicating the rest of my life to getting unstuck
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby Zuccala » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Well guys he had KQo. That was the one King that I did not split the pot with. I knew he did not have an Ace as he did not bet the flop. When the King came and he bet...I knew he had a King. I raised to get rid of some of the guys behind me (which it did). Then when the other Ace came on the river I should have checked. I thought I could get a King to fold because I bet the Ace onthe flop, raised the turn and bet again on the Ace river (after being checked to) He thought about it for about a minute or so. Next time when I raise for a free showdown...I am gonna take it..

If this guy was angressive or tricky player I would have just called on the turn as I do not wanna get 3-bet. Bu this guy was fairly straight forward.
2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby growlers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:39 pm

Last edited by growlers on Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
growlers

Postby Zuccala » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:47 pm

2008 Goals:

5. Try some $5/$10 FR
Zuccala

Postby MecosKing » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:56 pm

--------------------
---------
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby Zuccala » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:15 pm

2008 Goals:

5. Try some $5/$10 FR
Zuccala

Postby MecosKing » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:57 pm

--------------------
---------
MecosKing
Juffins FTW

Postby Zuccala » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:14 pm

So MK if the bettor was more of your basic donk it would be a better play. I see where you are coming from now. If he was real aggro would it not be a good spot to raise as well. You would have an agro beat here sometime and he may be taking a stab at the pot on a more expensive street. Even if you get 3-bet you got rid of the stragglers and you are heads up with the aggro?? So anybody other than the type player (player who doesnt bet often) it would be a good play to use??

Here is a link to one of my hands in a similar type of situation with a more aggro bettor. U like this??

forum/viewtopic.php?t=26412

It seems like I should have used it in the last situation and not this one?
2008 Goals:

5. Try some $5/$10 FR
Zuccala

Postby McNemo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:31 pm

McNemo

Postby growlers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:58 pm

growlers

Postby Beavis68 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:44 am

Beavis68

Postby MTPaid » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:28 pm

Without having the time to read the whole thread, and I doubt I'd be able to add anything new anyway:

1 - Why do we think he is calling on the flop to catch a King if he's not a calling station, especially with an Ace out there?
2 - Why wouldn't he think that we have an Ace if we bet the flop?
3 - So then his turn bet would mean that he can beat a pair of Aces, right?
4 - Since I would think that his turn bet means we are drawing, why wouldn't we just call to try and keep everyone in? Also, if we get 3-bet now we've not only knocked the rest of the field out, but must pay 3 big bets on a flush draw + GSSD that may not even win the whole pot.

Unless we think that villain is an idiot + all of our 2 pair outs are good, then I probably wouldn't be raising the turn.
Statler: I wonder if there really is life on other planets?
Waldorf: What do you care? You don't have a life on this planet.
"Muppets In Space"

The Blog: http://lazyguy.squarespace.com

"Full Tilt is rigged" - ED
MTPaid

Postby Beavis68 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:41 pm

kind of what I was trying to get at. Good questions.
Beavis68

Previous

Return to Limit Hold'em Cash Games