[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3888)
KTs in LP - Live Poker Forums

Advanced search

KTs in LP

Post your tough limit holdem hands here

Moderators: piersmajestyk, LPF Police Department

KTs in LP

Postby Zuccala » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey guys this is from $2-$5 Limit Live.

The Villan in this hand is Loose Passive and directly on my right . He is by no means a CS. I have seen him play any two suited and a few suited kings. I have never seen him raise PF. I have seen him on the button check thru alot.

I get [Kd][Td] in LP and limp after 2 limpers then the button and both blinds complete

flop: [8d][Ad][Jh] $12 (6 players)

SB checks, BB checks,EP checks, Villan checks, I bet $2, Button folds, all else call

turn: [Kc] $22

SB checks, BB checks, EP checks, Villan bets $5, I raise $10, all fold, to Villan who calls

river: [Ah] $42

Villan checks, I bets $5, Villan Calls $5

What do you think? Since the Villan did not bet the flop Iknow he did not have an ace. He bet when the king came, so I put him on a weaker king, since I had the Nut FD and a decent king I raised him. That added with my bet on the flop, he would think I have a king.

No that Ace was a decent card as if he has a king we are gonna split anyway (unless he has KQ) because it makes two pair. So I thougt I had a good chance to steal the pot due to my turn play and as split if not.....like??
2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby McNemo » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:21 pm

McNemo

Postby antneye » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:54 pm

antneye

Postby Derf » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:52 am

Derf

Postby McNemo » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:29 pm

yeah... have thought about the hand a little bit more and its an obvious turn call (not raise).

General rule:

Being in position on the turn with a hand that might be best and might not... you should play hands without outs aggressively and hand with outs passivly. Why? Because a hand without outs can easily fold to a turn raise or reraise. A hand with outs wants to see the river cheap in case its behind.
McNemo

Postby antneye » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:47 pm

There is nothing wrong with the turn raise in marginal spots if we take our free showdown. Many will fold to a turn raise because it reeks of strength. I am doing more of this lately.

In this case with so many in pot I probably don't raise it, but you got a great result from raise and I think you should have just taken the free showdown on river.
antneye

Postby Zuccala » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:42 pm

Whe I have something like TP/GK and a nut FD on the turn, I am raising alot for the free showdown. I made a mistake here and still bet. If this is not a good spot to try a free showdown...when is?

What if thast raise I made gets a weak ace to fold? Or guy that is on a draw folds and that draw hits the river? I had a bunch of folds nehind me and I tought that was what I wanted?
2008 Goals:

1. Make $40K by year end.
2. Play at least 100hrs a month.
3. Read 5-10 new Poker Books w/ notes.
4. Become regular at $2/$4 FR
5. Try some $5/$10 FR
6. Work on Game non-stop.
Zuccala

Postby growlers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:06 am

growlers

Postby redhouse » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:19 am

Mekos King: existence without running good
Mekos King: truly has no purpose
redhouse

Postby McNemo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:18 am

Again... the turn raise is not okay!

This is not a classical raise for a free showdown!!! A free showdown mean that you aint putting in more money after youre turn raise. This is not the case here. If you get 3-bet (which i think is pretty likely since he donked you on very dangerous borad.) You can not fold! If u didnt have a strong drawing hand (flush & gutshot draw) then a raise for a free showdown is okay.

Raising with a marginal hand and a strong draw is just making it easier for ýour opponent to charge you the maximum for you to get your draw. You´re value betting his hand.

I mean you are highly likely to be beaten after that donk bet. (it does reek of strength) The chances that he would fold to your raise (and so give you fold equity together with your free showdown) is so slim.... i would say none!

A classical free showdown raise could look like this:

you have TT

flop comed 952

you bet and villain calls

turn is a Q

he donks in to you. You raise.... if he 3-bets you fold, if he bets the river you fold (unless another T comes)

river check,check
McNemo

Postby Derf » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:05 am

Derf

Postby growlers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:12 pm

growlers

Postby growlers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:23 pm

growlers

Postby Derf » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:47 pm

Derf

Postby growlers » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:55 pm

growlers